No announcement yet.

AMD or Intel ! Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive had my intel chip OC'ed by about .8Ghz for 2 years now, No issues.

Comment

I'm with MH, I dont OC. Though, in the past I've used more AMD cpus than Intel. And AMD my cpus didnt like being overheated. Either way, the only time to overclock is on old hardware. This way if it fails u just burnt up a $15 cpu
      But then, why overclock a pentium 3 to 1.8ghz when you can just buy a used pentium 4 for less than $20?
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I overclocked my 2.8GHz Athlon II 240 2.8GHz to 3.5GHz. That's a 700MHz boost, and I didn't even have to raise voltage on anything. Temps stay low with my Arctic Freezer 64 Pro I bought on sale for $20 years ago when I was still using a Athlon64 x2 5200+, and I'm sure temps would still be acceptable on this cpu even if I had the stock cooler.

My basic point is it's so easy to do if you know how to do it and do it right, and it doesn't really cost anything unless you go nuts on cooling, so why not get that free boost?
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Foq knows what he's talking about. Lerster, you make it sound like you have to buy all this extra equipment to OC a chip. I bought a better cpu heatsink/fan for like 30 bucks, and with that I'm able to OC my i7 past the level of another i7 chip that costs a grand. No voltage increase at all, therefore no threat of overheating and reducing its' lifespan.

Comment

You'll come to realise,lerster is a paranoid extremist. like mel gibson in conspiracy theory!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
            X