Cheap Alert's QuakeOne Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solecord
    That's your right. Thanks for coming to voice your opinion. But you know you can always start a thread or two on stuff that does interest you and perhaps stimulate more conversations to start up. Just a thought.
    I don't mean anything against QuakeOne or it's community by that statement, just that I haven't found any threads here that had spurred me personally to post... until this. Cheapy going psycho is always too much to pass up.

And I'd post things I was interested in here if things I'm interested in would fit in with the audience here. Somehow I don't see anyone here having any use for Fimg, but maybe I'm being presumptuous.

Originally posted by Baker
    I've learned more about the Quake community at large in this last month than probably in the last 5 years. I don't think my experience is atypical either.

I don't think any of us knew what to think when this site launched a month +/- ago.
    I blame PlanetQuake. It used to be the hub back in the day and kept the entire Quake community together, but when Quake 2 came out, they dumped loads of Quake 1 sites and stopped taking new Q1 sites (Blood Mage TC couldn't get a PQ site, yet a homing rocket patch for Q2 could). After a few years of that, they have since turned around, but it left the community shattered. Over the past few years we slowly have been rediscovering eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by FrikaC
      And I'd post things I was interested in here if things I'm interested in would fit in with the audience here.
      One of the nicest things from my perspective is getting to know people from other boards.

Prior to about 3 weeks ago, I would have been petrified of posting at Inside3d.com or logging onto IRC and chatting at #qc or #darkplaces.

Those experiences have proven to be invaluable to me, and I would have never done it had I not met and got to know scar3crow, Lardarse, Sajt, Error and CheapAlert. It proved to de-awkwardize posting on that board for me.

I think there is a lot of that going on here.

As far as being concerned about whether a thread proves interesting to others or not, you never can know. I know of more than a handful secret/unknown QuakeC developers that hang around this board.

Even in threads that don't spur a lot of replies, that doesn't mean people don't benefit. According to stats, unregistered site views outnumber registered users by something like 7 to 1 (+/- unlogged-in ppl).

Sajt has started many interesting threads/polls that I thought were outstanding.

You are very welcomed here and if you don't want to do dev talk, you could talk philsophy. No obligations.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X