Why is nobody playing?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is nobody playing?!?!?

Seriously, Where is everyone?. The servers have been dead for the past week or so and a lot of the regulars have disappeared....

LETS GET SOME GAMES GOIN!!

play at shmack

Comment

Sccccccccccuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeddddddddd

Everyone's scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I completly erased my Windows XP partition which I used to play Quake using Qrack 1.90 (Linux exclusively now even if it kills me) and since then I've been stuck with Qrack 1.60 or Darplaces which feels funky to me and the sound sounds slightly muffled for some reason. I can't get DP to look exactly like Qrack damn it!

Maybe someone has a CFG file to achieve this? Cool!

Also my water script doesn't work in DP (i move down faster but not up in DP anymore )

alias +njump "+jump;wait;+moveup;-movedown"
        alias -njump "-jump;wait;+movedown;-moveup"
        bind mouse2 "+njump"
        Last edited by Phenom; 10-26-2010, 04:11 PM.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Maybe it's because the community sucks. The servers suck. Everyone wants DM3 shoved up their ass 24/7. Any unfamiliar player is Kimp. Any map vote is Kimp, and is responded to with people pressing their "no'd" bind 9 times, players saying they're up for new maps, only to say "no" to any map vote that ever comes up, and even admin kicks.

Every once in a while, we get new people like seanstar who try to bring something to the community that we should like, only to be trolled by elitist assholes saying things like Quit acting like you're hot shit, you fucking amateur.

In short, what's left of the dead, daily rotting community is full of non-flexible asshats who want everyone to play their way all the time every time (even though they claim otherwise) on the player side, and the modder/content producer side, although not as bad as the player base is, has its share of assholes as well. The community is very small and dwindling away, and the closed-minded, un-welcoming behavior of it isn't helping.
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

and i stopped creating new threads, sorry guise i dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
              Maybe it's because the community sucks. The servers suck. Everyone wants DM3 shoved up their ass 24/7. Any unfamiliar player is Kimp. Any map vote is Kimp, and is responded to with people pressing their "no'd" bind 9 times, players saying they're up for new maps, only to say "no" to any map vote that ever comes up, and even admin kicks.

Every once in a while, we get new people like seanstar who try to bring something to the community that we should like, only to be trolled by elitist assholes saying things like Quit acting like you're hot shit, you fucking amateur.

In short, what's left of the dead, daily rotting community is full of non-flexible asshats who want everyone to play their way all the time every time (even though they claim otherwise) on the player side, and the modder/content producer side, although not as bad as the player base is, has its share of assholes as well. The community is very small and dwindling away, and the closed-minded, un-welcoming behavior of it isn't helping.
              90% of your post's are of troll nature. you obv don't play Q1. You just troll around,talking much louder than your slow paced walk can handle.
              Simmer down, the suggestion that the discussion involving Quakeone.com and copyright infringement is why the server's have been dead,is entirely wrong,and your "One Post" linked puts the entire ordeal out of context. What are you, Fox News?

I personally have grown tired of your troll queen attitude, Quake1 needs no trolls nor cheerleader's,and clearly your falling into both categories,and any attempts to say "I quake!Just not on your server/DM3" is bs,I quake every where kimo sabe,its not like there's many corners to hide in.

If the community is so fucked up,stop hosting Q1 servers of any nature and piss off to greener pasture's.
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-26-2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: http://texaswatertowers.com/kayandlyn/imagesdolls/russ_troll_cheerleader.jpg
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by badaim View Post
                Seriously, Where is everyone?. The servers have been dead for the past week or so and a lot of the regulars have disappeared....

LETS GET SOME GAMES GOIN!!
                I've been playing this ;
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIkVuXZY9SE]YouTube - Empire Total War American Revolution Episode 4 Battle Of Bunker Hill[/ame]
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  Simmer down, the suggestion that the discussion involving Quakeone.com and copyright infringement is why the server's have been dead,is entirely wrong,and your "One Post" linked puts the entire ordeal out of context. What are you, Fox News?
                  I never said "the discussion involving Quakeone.com and copyright infringement is why the server's have been dead". I said that the servers aren't very active because the people who actually do play there are unwelcoming to unfamiliar players and hypocritically knock down any vote for any non-DM3 map, even though they claim they are open to playing other maps. I did, however, mention that even the modding/content producing side of the community has its share of assholes as well, quoting "one post" (it would be fairly easy to read the entire thread if you wanted to, I just didn't want to site an entire thread to discuss one post). I felt that was enough evidence to suggest that this dead and dying community is unattractive to possible newcomers. As for your question, I have no affiliation with Fox News, although I do have a conservative mindset.

I personally have grown tired of your troll queen attitude, Quake1 needs no trolls nor cheerleader's,and clearly your falling into both categories,and any attempts to say "I quake!Just not on your server/DM3" is bs,I quake every where kimo sabe,its not like there's many corners to hide in.

If the community is so fucked up,stop hosting Q1 servers of any nature and piss off to greener pasture's.
                  I have been playing (even CA), you just haven't figured out my alias yet. Everything I've said about the servers and the community is true down to the last letter; I've watched it happen while on the CA servers.

As for your advice to tell me to "piss off to greener pasture's", there are never any problems on my FvF server. It's actually been fairly active recently, and the handful of people who come to my server are a great bunch to be around. I suppose it could be said I already have pissed off to greener pastures. I do still come around to the CA/DM3 servers, but very rarely. In fact, it's laughable to say that my "I quake!Just not on your server/DM3" statement is BS. DM3 is not the only Quake map ever created, and CA is not the only gameplay mode ever created. I do play Quake, on my own FvF server (I just did yesterday... it was fun, as I already mentioned), and runequake every once in a great while.

Comment

im on at different hours of the day and sometimes early in the morning... If nobody is at any of the mods i usually go to the coop server.

Comment

I felt that was enough evidence to suggest that this dead and dying community is unattractive to possible newcomers
                      If your purpose is to point out how horrible this website is and how its an unattractive community,then remind us why your still here?

Comment

If your purpose is to point out how horrible this website is and how its an unattractive community,then remind us why your still here?
                        The keyword was newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by bFeared View Post
                          The keyword was newcomers.

So, I am presuming, you see nothing wrong in warding off possible newcomers? Am I reading this correctly?

Comment

I guess you could say the forums are similar to the servers: I don't care for CA/DM3 and most of that particular part of the community, but, like the game, there's more to the forums than just that part of the community. Again, CA/DM3 isn't all of Quake.

Comment

When newcomers do show up, immediately people treat them like Kimp.

I saw a PSP player the other day, he kinda complained about the controls, but was trying to play. I suggested that he either spectate the match, or load quake up on a PC.

It's always an odd feeling when you walk into a room and everyone knows everyone else but you, and you become the butt of the argument. I've played other games off and on, being the newb, hear my team moan over the microphone, but for the most part the new generation of players understand everyone is a newb repetitively as each game comes out. Except for us silly Quakers who have been sitting on our game for 14+ years!

Besides all that, I think it's just the time of the year when more people are watching football, working on school, busy at work, getting ready for the holidays, doing fall yard-work, washing the car, walking the dog, drinking beer, watching tv, eating a sandwich, smoking cigarettes, texting on their phones, barking at the moon, picking their nose, eating a hot pocket, reading this post, instead of playing Quake.
                              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                              X