wikileaks dont download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demiurge View Post
    Nearly everyone is already taking self-interested action in one form or other.
    But being interested isn't enough. Everyone is self-interested. People themselves don't "educationally evolve" that much compared to, say, being trained. Otherwise, we wouldn't have schools ... for example.

And fear is another factor. Some people aren't social conditioned, others are afraid of, say, public speaking.

And it's these unphilosophical--ultimately unwise--actions that only temporarily give the appearance of overcoming problems that have led us to our current state. Rising up to challenges and overcoming them merely by a policy of bold action does get results. And, however, one properly calls this behaviour pursuing immediate gratification, which is one of the chief problems our government and our culture has right now.
    True.

Accusations of complacency is another self-serving and easy charge to make. For instance, I could say that your choice to dismiss and avoid the challenge to your stated beliefs is an example of complacency.
    I do get to choose how I spend my time, don't I? I would prefer to be engine coding. I have goals and objectives and everyone has limited resources. In this case, time is the resource I need more than all others. My engine objectives won't complete themselves.

"Will you be paying with cash or credit?" They give you the gratifying illusion of choice, but as you're thinking about that, you've forgotten you have a choice not to buy any of the shop's useless crap made by China's slave-workers and waved in front of your nose by oligarchs who follow your policy in boldly acting and overcoming your resistance to becoming a slave-worker too. These oligarch mouthpieces will tell hoist your hopes with the tired line, "A rising tide lifts all boats." But they conveniently neglect to tell you something more important. When you compete with a slave, you become a slave.
    We cannot economically compete with China's wages, lack of civil rights, lack of environmental policy in a somewhat near free trade environment. Nor Mexico. Yet we have an abundance of labor (especially with high unemployment) and a wealth of natural resources. We don't have to compete fairly: it's called tariffs and protectionism.

Both sides can present strong arguments about their merits. Unfortunately, because there is a wretched lack of philosophical thinking, neither side recognises that both views are two sides of the same presupposition, and so whichever we get, we're actually getting the same thing: Mismanagement of public resources.
    Yes this is the problem. The mismanagement of public resources in this country is astounding. And the federal government, for instance, would be by 10 times the largest corporation in the world if viewed in that manner.

But worse, neither political party is actually willing to make difficult decisions:

1. Republicans like cutting taxes. They never cut spending.
    2. Obama didn't get us out of Afghanistan or Iraq. He didn't close Gitmo. He is renewing the Bush tax cuts.
    2. The federal government after accounting scandals forced corporations to put future outlays on the books (future cost of retirement plans, for instance) as liabilities. Meanwhile, the federal government does not do this. If they did, we would see that the national debt including future liabilities is $225 trillion (!!!).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

This is a good documentary.
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTfOL9_HBE]YouTube - WikiRebels - The Documentary (1/4)[/ame]

Comment

Working...
      X