Near Death Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Death Experiences?

Well I had one, and it's nearing a year ago now. So it's been on my mind ALOT recently. Figured type it out and also to see what some of us others have encountered in our lives.
    For any of this to make sense - I am a Type 1 Diabetic - I take insulin injections (5+ needles a day). Insulin takes the sugar in your blood and turns it into energy - basically it replaces my pancreas as mine is retarded lol. Taking too little will leave your blood sugar high, taking too much well... read
    Now this is all based upon what I was told, I honestly have close to no memory of the incident and months before it, memory loss.
    I was found by my father and grandmother basically in really bad shape. I guess he called me and when I answered NOTHING I said he could make out. I was in and out on consciousness - and had signs of things failing (puke and other things found). I was rushed to the hospital. When I was taken in - my bloodsugar was found to be 0.3. Nothing to supply energy to the brain or body. I did end up going into a partial-coma. I was in and out of consciousness for the next 2 weeks. I was told that during those 2 weeks I had HORRIBLE memory. My dad could come into the room - I'd ask him what happened and he'd tell me I overdosed. He could leave for a minute and come back and I'd do the same thing - no recollection of him ever being there. I was also saying my oldest daughter was 3yrs old and my youngest was just born. Not the case - my youngest was turning 3 the following month and my oldest 5 in a few months following. I was also saying I was still living at my Grandmothers - which I moved out close to 2yrs prior.
    After the 2 weeks they said they were going to transfer me to Edmonton (I was in St Albert). Well they did, but to the Grey Nuns hospitals Mental Ward. I was sent there because they believed me attempting suicide could of been a possibility - due to events that happened shortly prior to this (which I won't go into as those are very personal). So had "fun" needless to say. I was roomed with someone who was great and all but he was schizophrenic. Overall this was fine, but there were a couple which I stayed away from. Now this wasn't like you see in Hollywood movies. It was basically just like being in a hospital room minus the equipment. After a week and seeing a therapist - was proved I wasn't suicidal but likely just a overdose by the simple reason of taking insulin at a meal - but since I was upset - I didn't eat which left the insulin to take over with nothing to counter-act it.
    Now I know it doesn't sound like too much of near death. However if my Dad didn't come to my place as he felt something was up - I likely wouldn't be here or have bad brain damage. He found me just a hour or 2 after he called and I was likely in that state for a couple hours prior.

Not sure If this counts but I had one once. I was walking home from school one day last school year, and I decided to take the shortcut through the train tracks. I normally go this way with my friends but this time most of them were staying after so I was alone.

I walked for quite a bit down the tracks like I normally do, and then I noticed the gate way far up ahead was closed, and I looked back and saw the train coming which wasn't that far off.

I didn't expect it to be that close so I ran to get to the path out we normally take. I jumped over some bushes instead of going around to take the path and the train literally passed by right after. If I had took the 2 extra feet to go along the path I probably would've gotten hit.

Comment

my near death experience is one that still get s my knees weak when i remember it... here goes..
      i was a landscaper at a hotel in Eilat, Israel, called the "Dan Eilat" as u can see in the pic there are round ornamental orange trees scattered over all the balconies. So i would go with the hedge trimmer and give em all a haircut, now keep in mind, this is Israel, no worker protection, no guidelines, no WCB, no safety basically. Now, up around the 17th floor, just to the right of the blue DAN sign, i was walking along that 7-8 inch wide ledge and i stepped on a loose tile, that wasnt loose before so i didnt expect it... needless to say i panicked at the thought of falling some 40-50 metres, threww my hedge trimmer, to hell with it, and hugged a tree!! went back home shaken, not stirred..
      i didnt see my life flash in front of my eyes, just all the things i havent accomplished yet, that was the last straw, and what made me return to Canada, thank u Dan Eilat, for not repairing your top floor tiles...

this pic is just a model of the hotel, hence the giant standing behind it, but its the only hi res pic i could find, with detail..

there was also this one time on some "mush" but i was prolly juss tirppin...

btw: Ooppee, glad u made it thru safely with no adverse effects other than some bad stitch in time, this stitch disappears with time, especially after 2 years, the 1 year mark is sentimental. i cant imagine what that would be like, but when it comes to that kinda stuff, like our interiors, we are so helpless, take care.
      Last edited by StatiC; 01-27-2011, 03:53 AM. Reason: TREE HUGGING SAVED MY LIFE !!!
      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
      THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this qualifies as a 'near death' ..

I went camping with a friend for a weekend.. there is an artificial lake with a small island in the middle.. I told him let's swim over there and he warned me that it is a pretty far swim...

I got within about 15 feet of the island and i swallowed some water.. started sinking lower and couldn't keep my head above.. I was under the water for a few seconds and kept bobbing in and out.. I was lucky my buddy was there so I held onto him and got to the island..

A big guy around 250-260 lbs was swimming his way there with his wife and they also underestimated the distance.. he had asthma and he was starting to sink.. his wife was yelling from far toward me to dive in and help but I just experienced my own problem.. eitherway I gutted it out and went back in.. I was having problems just keeping my head above water while helping him to the island.. my friend swam back and got a canoe and we went back to the other side using the canoe..

For about 2 months after I had a hard time taking showers and would feel a loss of breath when the water covered my face and get flashes of being under water..

By the way Static I stayed at Dan Eilat around 15 years ago.. great hotel

Comment

Mark.. from the sounds of your story it sounds like you look pretty fucking retarded right now.. but I'll believe you that you look ok

Comment

one of too many, but probably the most memorable; I used to hunt by some old discarded bunkers and the ground is very unstable/crumbly, a freinds gun went off accidently when he tripped whilst navigating a gap between two bunkers and the shot missed my head by about two inches, blowing a head-sized chunk out of the bunker-wall.
            I slapped him silly and my other freind jimmy disarmed him, I mean who the hell walks around primed when hunting? he didn't even know his gun had a safety! WTF!?
            We never took him hunting again and as far as I know he didn't get his gun back from Jimmy!

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              I don't know if this qualifies as a 'near death' ..

I went camping with a friend for a weekend.. there is an artificial lake with a small island in the middle.. I told him let's swim over there and he warned me that it is a pretty far swim...

I got within about 15 feet of the island and i swallowed some water.. started sinking lower and couldn't keep my head above.. I was under the water for a few seconds and kept bobbing in and out.. I was lucky my buddy was there so I held onto him and got to the island..

A big guy around 250-260 lbs was swimming his way there with his wife and they also underestimated the distance.. he had asthma and he was starting to sink.. his wife was yelling from far toward me to dive in and help but I just experienced my own problem.. eitherway I gutted it out and went back in.. I was having problems just keeping my head above water while helping him to the island.. my friend swam back and got a canoe and we went back to the other side using the canoe..

For about 2 months after I had a hard time taking showers and would feel a loss of breath when the water covered my face and get flashes of being under water..

By the way Static I stayed at Dan Eilat around 15 years ago.. great hotel
              aww man, that is the scariest, and i dont know why, but only in israel i have my near death experiences... there are many more, my other one was with water in Netanya, i was boogyboarding with a friend and it was a 6-7 m day for waves so we had to go, we were only 12-13 at the time, either way, on one of the waves i got up to speed and thought it was normal so i enjoyed it, not having had been to the beach on such a good wave day before, i guess i got a lil careless i thought i passed over a few jellyfish and the front lip of my board dipped just a tad into the water and it was over. I must have tumbled under that wave for a good 7-9 seconds, and i never got a chance to take a good deep breath before goin down, so ya i could feel the needle pain in my lungs trying not to take down water, and then, when that was over, i came up and i was right in the f'ing crash zone for the waves. So another wave crashed down this time in shallower water, and beat the fuck out of me senseless, ive never been so hurt by the ocean, lol. scary stuff when dealing with water, but not near death unless really near death, im pretty sure i was, ocean was angry that day pa' if u take a lungfull of h20, its takin u away to blue pastures...
              Dan eilat is a really nice hotel, i miss the food, as a landscaper i ate what the guests ate there daily, i miss that smoked cheese....
              come to think of it, everytime i choke on a lil piece of food, or water goes down your wind pipe i have a near death experience. We can all admit "all hell breaks loose". haha

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
              as far as I know he didn't get his gun back from Jimmy!
              dam right !
              Last edited by StatiC; 01-27-2011, 04:13 AM.
              SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
              THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like many of us had some. I've had others - like I was in a car accident when I was living in Vernon BC. We went to Edmonton to visit family, and when we drove home we hit black ice and rolled into a ditch. Lucky, but we both left without a mark on us (well I left with a bruise on my hand as when we rolled I decked my hand on something).

Pretty much exactly 24hrs ago was 1yr when my dad found me (in the experience I mentioned above). So I've now officially passed the 1yr mark of my near death experience.

Comment

When I was a kid (think around 10 or so), I was in a generic above ground swimming pool. The pool collapsed, and I got washed away with the rushing water. All I remember is standing up in a shallow river of water flowing down the street. Later, I looked on to the wreckage of the pool. Lots of busted up pieces of sharp metal sticking out everywhere. I probably could have gotten impailed there.
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I haven't read anything here yet.

My experience that may or may not of been a near death experience was where i drank 3 1/2 beers at 7amish after nightcrew works, and ate five grams of shrooms, and i had a hot bath, as well i did eat as well did get sick but prior to the sickness. i experienced, after the bath.

I layed down and everything went a dark blue, hue... everything was black and blue... and fading sort've... and yet objects i focused on where sometimes a bit askew... yet it was very dark blue, and darkness was clouding my vision, with minor echos of tracers... but not major tracers.

I also seen my mothers head split, and kalediscope around the original head... or how ever you wanna phrase, multiple heads spinning around a center head... while they are talking.

I got sick not long after that.

Then i felt good.

As pizza was gone, so i went to buy smokes via bike.

But, the dark blue and black stuff... no clue.

I felt so immobilized... and unstable while my eyes where like that.

I locked my room dr and blasted music, while i churred and flopped around on my bed, trying to fight whatever the fuck was happening.

It was odd.

I lived.

...apparently. :p narf ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
                      I haven't read anything here yet.
                      hah ! read mine...
                      we almost came close on shroomZ brah !
                      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                      sigpic

Comment

My story is more of a near-kidnapping experience, though it could have lead to a near-death experience. I was really young and playing out in the front yard when a car pulled off the side of the road. I can't remember if they said the man got out of the car or not, but my brother stepped outside and called me in. When the man saw my brother he drove off. He saved my life that day.

There's another one about my two brothers - they found a hole in the side of the fence that led to the neighbor's yard. So they went through, and my neighbors had a swimming pool. They jumped in but couldn't swim. Puppet, our toy poodle, starting barking at my mom, who saw that they weren't in the back yard. She discovered they were in the neighbors swimming pool and were drowning, so she and the neighbors managed to pull them out in time.

I've only been told these ones so I don't know all the exact details, but I know they both happened.

Comment

god damn, that kidnapping one is really creepy.

as for the drowning
                          kudos to the dog...

Comment

Working...
                          X