Do you have kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have kids?

I found out one of my closest bro's back in Virginia world is upside down,his son died today. I'm hearing that he was left home alone (11yo), and there was a pistol loaded and not locked up,and he was left home alone and found it,and died of a fatal shot to the head.

For any other parents out there playing Quake, from one parent to another , don't keep loaded gun's,keep ammo and weapons locked away seperately,and educate your kids about the serious nature of fire arm's..

It's a dark day in my family's world.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

That's though one to swallow, thinking a little metal box with a lock could have prevented something like this from happening.

Comment

speechless..i really had to hold my head after reading this...
      I just could never imagine this happening to my son.
      I'd be next to go 4 sure... but thats just me.

My sincere condolences go out to you and yours.
      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
      THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
      sigpic

Comment

One of the reasons I don't plan on getting a weapon anytime soon. If I was to, wouldn't until I already have a gunsafe in the house.

Couldn't imagine what they are going though. My oldest daughter went missing for 4mths (mother took off with her) and that was hard enough on me. A permanent loss would be unbearable.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Mindzy, that blows. My condolences, that is very, very sad.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Chin up Chris. Chin up.
            uakene.com

Comment

That's just sad man.. Sorry to hear that.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Yes, it's just a reminder that its up to us to ensure these kinds of accidents are impossible to happen. It can happen to anyone,at anytime.

http://www.swvatoday.com/news/articl...cidental/9160/
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Sorry to hear what happened, man I don't know what I would do,
                  hang in there dude..... my condolences.
                  EzJacK

Comment

Originally posted by StatiC View Post
                    I'd be next to go 4 sure...
                    without hesitation. unless someone else was to blame, they would be the next to go, then me.

Very sorry for your loss Mindz. If there was something i could do to help, I certainly would bruh.
                    "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Sad, I don't want to sound like an asshole here. But why would he do that? Was he suicidal? It's also sad to see people would kill themselves for no reason.

Comment

sounds like an accident, Cristopher Murphy, read again.

This sort of thing is beyond imagination for me, I feel sorry for the family and the kid.

Can't imagine how it must feel for the gun owner. One little mistake and such grave consequences. That sucks SOOO much.

May the kid be well in whatever next world he goes to. May $DEITY be with the kid and the family.
                        Scout's Journey
                        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

It's called an accident. I didn't say he commited suicide, as I knew him really well and he was a good kid and was good friends with his parents,and in all likely hood he said "Cool,a gun!"

The point of this post is to bring gun-safety back into the spotlight, as a reminder that it can happen to anyone,especially if we adults do not take those extra steps making sure its impossible for these types of accidents to occur!

Comment

Even at 11yo, he likely wouldn't understand the FULL power of a gun. Have games and Hollywood to blame for this.
                            Movies the hero gets shot 100's of times and walks away (as in he has the invisible forcefield that makes all bullets miss him/her).
                            Then in our "realistic" games like Black Ops - oh you get shot, get in cover and you'll make a full recovery - eventhough you just took a damn shotgun to the leg.

So yes, a accident is entirely possible. I didn't read the news article (wouldn't load) - however I would honestly guess the gun was already loaded and he fiddled around and pulled the trigger with it pointed at him - figuring it was empty. The same mistake happened back when I lived in BC. 2 kids were playing with their dads guns each pulling the triggers and nothing was happening until he reached the right chamber (magnum based). No one was killed but there was a slight injury - nothing serious. However this was all caused by lack of gun safety.
                            A gun should NEVER be left loaded. Only exception to this is if NO kids EVER visit and it's used for defensive purposes.
                            All guns should be LOCKED at all times. Hell even a gun in a $30 safe that can be opened with a crowbar with ease is better than NOTHING at all.

I feel their loss. Like I did say - I dealt with a "kidnapping" with my oldest daughter and losing a child hurts like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              It's called an accident. I didn't say he commited suicide, as I knew him really well and he was a good kid and was good friends with his parents,and in all likely hood he said "Cool,a gun!"

The point of this post is to bring gun-safety back into the spotlight, as a reminder that it can happen to anyone,especially if we adults do not take those extra steps making sure its impossible for these types of accidents to occur!
                              Yeah, but wouldn't he point it away from himself before playing with it?

Originally posted by ooppee View Post
                              Even at 11yo, he likely wouldn't understand the FULL power of a gun. Have games and Hollywood to blame for this.
                              Movies the hero gets shot 100's of times and walks away (as in he has the invisible forcefield that makes all bullets miss him/her).
                              Then in our "realistic" games like Black Ops - oh you get shot, get in cover and you'll make a full recovery - eventhough you just took a damn shotgun to the leg.

So yes, a accident is entirely possible. I didn't read the news article (wouldn't load) - however I would honestly guess the gun was already loaded and he fiddled around and pulled the trigger with it pointed at him - figuring it was empty. The same mistake happened back when I lived in BC. 2 kids were playing with their dads guns each pulling the triggers and nothing was happening until he reached the right chamber (magnum based). No one was killed but there was a slight injury - nothing serious. However this was all caused by lack of gun safety.
                              A gun should NEVER be left loaded. Only exception to this is if NO kids EVER visit and it's used for defensive purposes.
                              All guns should be LOCKED at all times. Hell even a gun in a $30 safe that can be opened with a crowbar with ease is better than NOTHING at all.

I feel their loss. Like I did say - I dealt with a "kidnapping" with my oldest daughter and losing a child hurts like hell.
                              I consider blaming games and movies stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X