Happy Valentines day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
    I'm quite lucky I found a girl with an open mind who really doesn't act or think like a typical girl nowadays.. I'm sure there are many gems out there..

You can appreciate your girlfriend all you want (it is your choice and you know your relationship better than anyone), my point is, you don't need an excuse to do so and spend money.
    Yeah there is quite a bit of a princess culture these days, but most girls grow out of it. But it is visible enough you think of it more.

I agree with pretty much everything you said in principle. I bought a card ... but I am biased against "Hallmark Holidays" so it wasn't from them. I only spent $1. Both I and my girlfriend are largely anti-jewelry (artificial prices of diamonds via the diamond cartels).

Women are socially competitive with each other in their circle of friends. My girlfriend is ex-Navy so she isn't caught up with shopping/princess culture state of things.

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
    Males do a lot, we play a lot of roles (not as much as women), we work hard..we are rarely appreciated for it. Nowadays everything has been so focused on feminism .. women rights.. how women suffer.. and that much of the blame is on men.. all these shows like Opera and Dr Phil support that.. they rarely show mens struggles.. our gender has been pushed down considerably.. just watch commercials.. not sure if you've seen the Corona one where the girl continuously beats the man psychologically and emotionally
    I think culturally with are the tail end of rubber band reaction to, say, the screwed up discrimination and crap women had to put up with a couple of decades ago. I think some of what you point out will gradually change in time.

Any relationship basically gets the "ground-rules" set within the first 6 months. You have to defend the borders for a while. And be fortunate enough to be with someone compatible.

Sounds like you are quite a lucky guy, Ramp.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
    X