*shrug*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *shrug*

Listen close when the rhino sits on Zazu near the end, I swear I hear a Quake gibbing sound.

Does indeed sound like it. Easily could be due to the author using sound effects from various sources.

Comment

Yea sounds liek it!! I see a lot of sources from the get go hehehe!!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Some of the same sounds as in Quake can be heard in several movies. Quake licensed many sounds, so this isn't surprising -- they used sound from commercial sound libraries. Some of the main common sounds I have heard in movies have been lift sounds and zombie sounds, the former common in tech movies and teh latter being somewhat common in ... well ... zombie movies.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The cat growling in Men in Black in the restaurant scene is clearly a zombie growl.

Comment

Great video, btw. Pure lulz.

Comment

I *always* hear the warcraft 2 pig sound in movies. Also imp sounds from doom as well.

I always yell "Hey that sound is from doom!" to my fiance and she just rolls her eyes...

Comment

The imp death noises are used a lot for deer in movies. Maybe thats where the sounds originally came from.

Lol warcraft 2 pig

Comment

Speaking of using Quake sounds, I seem to recall this truly awful track from the dim and distant past. Although on reflection after listening to it one last time I wish I hadn't as it's as bad now as it was then

Those of you with any musical taste should turn away now.. You have been warned..

Last edited by Mr.Burns; 03-28-2011, 06:05 PM.
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    Some of the same sounds as in Quake can be heard in several movies. Quake licensed many sounds, so this isn't surprising -- they used sound from commercial sound libraries. Some of the main common sounds I have heard in movies have been lift sounds and zombie sounds, the former common in tech movies and teh latter being somewhat common in ... well ... zombie movies.
                    Thats cool...Does anyone know which other movies, a list perhaps and what sounds used ?

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X