X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gothiccandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    Some of the same sounds as in Quake can be heard in several movies. Quake licensed many sounds, so this isn't surprising -- they used sound from commercial sound libraries. Some of the main common sounds I have heard in movies have been lift sounds and zombie sounds, the former common in tech movies and teh latter being somewhat common in ... well ... zombie movies.
    Thats cool...Does anyone know which other movies, a list perhaps and what sounds used ?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Burns
    replied
    Speaking of using Quake sounds, I seem to recall this truly awful track from the dim and distant past. Although on reflection after listening to it one last time I wish I hadn't as it's as bad now as it was then

Those of you with any musical taste should turn away now.. You have been warned..

Last edited by Mr.Burns; 03-28-2011, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowswift
    replied
    The imp death noises are used a lot for deer in movies. Maybe thats where the sounds originally came from.

Lol warcraft 2 pig

Leave a comment:

• Efess
    replied
    I *always* hear the warcraft 2 pig sound in movies. Also imp sounds from doom as well.

I always yell "Hey that sound is from doom!" to my fiance and she just rolls her eyes...

Leave a comment:

• Shadowswift
    replied
    Great video, btw. Pure lulz.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowswift
    replied
    The cat growling in Men in Black in the restaurant scene is clearly a zombie growl.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Some of the same sounds as in Quake can be heard in several movies. Quake licensed many sounds, so this isn't surprising -- they used sound from commercial sound libraries. Some of the main common sounds I have heard in movies have been lift sounds and zombie sounds, the former common in tech movies and teh latter being somewhat common in ... well ... zombie movies.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Yea sounds liek it!! I see a lot of sources from the get go hehehe!!

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Does indeed sound like it. Easily could be due to the author using sound effects from various sources.

Leave a comment:

• QuadRaptor
    started a topic *shrug*

*shrug*

Listen close when the rhino sits on Zazu near the end, I swear I hear a Quake gibbing sound.
Working...
X