Your dreams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your dreams.

In this thread, we will discuss our game-based dreams/nightmares. I'll start, and you can all proceed to make fun of me afterward.

Quake:
    I was exploring a weird map. I'm fairly certain it was one out of DoE. There was no sky, and the map was basically a series of floating walkways over a bottomless void. There was very little to comfort me about this place. I don't rememeber having any kind of weapon. The void below me would certainly be my death if I should fall. I happened upon a , but even that offered little comfort. The sky above was starting to rumble with thunder and lightning. I looked up at the sky with my gold, glowing eyes. Suddenly a bolt of lightning stuck me directly on the face. My pent shattered, and with it, my invulnerability. All at once, splat. I gibbed, and woke up in a cold sweat.

Warcraft:
    This was in the Warcraft III period, when the Scourge was still corrupting Lordearon. I was a Paladin, I think. With me were three priests. It was night time...we were called to inspect a homestead on the side of a riverbank. The people that lived there hadn't been heard from in a few days and weird noises had been coming from the house. I instructed the priests to wait at the front door and watch for anything weird. I went inside and headed upstairs to their bathroom...which was weird. It was a modern bathroom. Looked just like the one I piss in every day. For a medieval-type setting, such a bathroom didn't seem to fit...but anyway...I snooped around the bathroom. On the far wall was the bathtub. I approached it slowly, expecting a zombie to jump out at me, but as soon as I got over to it, I felt something behind me. I spun around and saw my companions. Their faces were expressionless. Their eyes had no pupils or pigments. I don't remember what happened after that. I assume I woke up terrified yet again.

your turn! your turn!
    Last edited by Shadowswift; 04-04-2011, 01:47 PM.

I was dreaming once that John Romero showed me hidden levels that no one ever saw before in Daikatana and DOOM.
    The funny thing was that we were actually not on a computer, we were in the game.

Damn... i would love to play Doom coop with John... AGAIN
    Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
    Operating Engine: Engoo
    QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

I once had a dream I was working my way through an underground tunnel network. I found an exit tunnel, and started to head for it. Then, a black controller with 6 arms, 3 on either side appeared at the end. It was about to use its physic attack on me, but I ducked behind the corner and broke contact. I leaned around the edge of the corner and fired on it with my rifle. That's the last thing I remember, repeatedly taking cover behind the corner, leaning back out and firing on it.
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I've been having dreams about making skins! but in the dream my machine always gets corrupted just when I've made something awesome, when I wake I jot it down and then actually try it later on, you'd be surprised how many of the skins I release here are derived from my dreams.

quake - the stuff dreams are made of LOL!

Comment

My dreams are generally about not being able to control a situation, and I often have reoccurring dreams of being in certain places like a parking lot at night (where I often get shot by someone) to walking through a mall and finding something rare and then waking up and not having it. I often have ones of being back at my high school and not knowing where my classes are.

In addition, I've had night terrors before (basically waking up but still dreaming) where I've seen things in my room. I've often woken up thinking a snake, scorpion, spider, ect is in my bed and running out of the room, eventually realizing I was dreaming. Other times I've had voices in my head tell me someone is coming to kill me and to hide, and I usually hide in the space between my bed and the wall or running and hiding in the closet. I eventually found out it happened whenever I ate anything with MSG in it, so I'm really careful now.

I've had many others, and they usually don't make sense but at the moment make perfect sense (one time there was a construction crew telling me my bed was in the way of their equipment, and I literally rolled off of the bed, narrowly escaping being flattened by a tractor).

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
            My dreams are generally about not being able to control a situation, and I often have reoccurring dreams of being in certain places like a parking lot at night (where I often get shot by someone) to walking through a mall and finding something rare and then waking up and not having it. I often have ones of being back at my high school and not knowing where my classes are.

In addition, I've had night terrors before (basically waking up but still dreaming) where I've seen things in my room. I've often woken up thinking a snake, scorpion, spider, ect is in my bed and running out of the room, eventually realizing I was dreaming. Other times I've had voices in my head tell me someone is coming to kill me and to hide, and I usually hide in the space between my bed and the wall or running and hiding in the closet. I eventually found out it happened whenever I ate anything with MSG in it, so I'm really careful now.

I've had many others, and they usually don't make sense but at the moment make perfect sense (one time there was a construction crew telling me my bed was in the way of their equipment, and I literally rolled off of the bed, narrowly escaping being flattened by a tractor).
            I'm going to just pm you........

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

uh oh! watch out Mindz!

Comment

I realized recently, my dreams seem like I am watching really neat movies that do not exist in our world, and with people that are completely ficticious.... I think its a by product of my disappointment that I dont find many movies or tv shows today very interesting, so my brain is coming up with its own substitute entertainment.

There was one Quake related dream that actually was repressed until when I joined this site way back, and someone who posted mentioned the old hating ctf server...and posted a demo of them playing on it. When I saw it, it made me recall a horror movie that I dreamed way back when I use to play on that server - it was a really detailed haloweenish style of movie, I think using computer graphics now that I think more about it....and the animations really scared the heck out of you as they were done in slo mo.

Comment

lol

jealous it's not you?

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                  uh oh! watch out Mindz!

Trust me he has nothing to worry about !!!!!

Yes for the most part dreams are just your head prepossessing things from your day sometimes with need to know messages.

http://mysticcreations.yolasite.com/

Comment

I had a dream once that I got uploaded (matrix style) into quake and I was like the Neo of Quake, a good example is Kimp's 50 frag in 30 seconds on E1M7.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
                      I had a dream once that I got uploaded (matrix style) into quake and I was like the Neo of Quake, a good example is Kimp's 50 frag in 30 seconds on E1M7.
                      If you're gonna dream, dream big...

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
                        If you're gonna dream, dream big...
                        Is 50 frags in 30 seconds not big enough?

Comment

>e1m7

hold the lift please

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
                            Is 50 frags in 30 seconds not big enough?
                            That's exactly the point.

Comment

Working...
                            X