I need Quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Quake

Have long since lost my original boxed copy. Most everyone knows I purchased the game and owned it lawfully. I need a replacement please. Any help would be very much appreciated. Chuck
    Chuck

listen i dont support piracy but isnt there a law that limits copyrights? lol Anyways there is a website which helps with your particular problem. I would check out *link removed* if I were you.
    Last edited by Solecord; 08-15-2011, 05:53 PM.
    Rambo[RuM]
    I support:
    Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
    Qrack - Thank You r00k
    Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
    Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

There's a number of listings on Ebay for under $15...
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

You don't need it to play anymore .
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Most of you don't know Chuck. Chuck is in the top 5 list of very important people in the history of Quake. I'd explain this further, but the deep history and influence of Chuck would require a 3 page post which I just don't feel like doing right now. Quake obviously existed before the relatively recent history of QuakeOne.com, and before QuakeOne.com Chuck was a key element to this future we take very much for granted at this point. Even when the past starts to become forgotten, history always remembers.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

What Baker said. I figured I'd also throw in the fact that this Chuck isn't the Badaim "Chuck", but in fact a player who went by the name of Chuck, of clan Nygma, ages ago. Chuck is far older and stronger than Badaim.
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
              Well that is interesting!

I wonder how we would treat this case then...
              For me personally, I would think of the very fat stack of Chuck's contributions to Quake to which you have no clue and then completely ignore all your posts in this thread.

But to give some Quake education:

Back in 2002, Chuck started the first Quake server portal site. He ran a server from as far back as 2000. He made Quake videos back in the days of sticks and stones; in part using advanced Telejano features which even in 2011 engines do not have. Oh yeah, he created his own sounds tracks too. Plus he coded any damn thing he wished in QuakeC. And he made the first bots that could use a grappling hook. He somehow made an interface that could display a screenshot of current action on a server more than 8 years ago.

And I haven't even begun to begin to describe his contributions. It is almost sad.

Chuck's contributions to Quake have been epic, and I have done a very poor job of explaining them in this post --- as much I have tried. A proper explanation would take way more time than I want to invest and even involve the origins of QuakeOne.com and so much more.

That being said, FOQ knows at least part of the story. This should tell an independent observer something very deep.
              Last edited by Baker; 04-15-2011, 12:16 AM.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

My ego thanks you Baker. But I still need a copy of quake.
                Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by rambo View Post
                  listen i dont support piracy but isnt there a law that limits copyrights? lol Anyways there is a website which helps with your particular problem. I would check out Welcome to Clan HDz if I were you.

Thanks, got it!
                  Chuck

Comment

I can be reached via Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chuckparsons and I'm moving to las vegas in a few days. I hate flying btw, lol. Thanks for the help with Quake. I hope to be playing again after I get settled in.
                    Chuck

Comment

Baker and Sole must be honored and humbled to have legends like chuck and myself frequent their website.

Kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Q -Mark [0!0]
                        Bluntz
                        What do you mean?
                        I mean it's open source. You can play online without ID1.
                        I loaded up Darkplaces dpmod after removing the ID1 from the directory and was @ speak no problems as a test.

Hack level .....EZ
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X