Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skype... 33 users only here at quakeone.com ?!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype... 33 users only here at quakeone.com ?!??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1yhoFTqJ0"]It's not the end of my world! Life goes on...[/ame]
    I use it already
    66.67%
    I don't use it yet... but I plan to
    0.00%
    I don't use it and will never
    25.00%
    Skype... don't know it
    8.33%
    Last edited by Q -Mark [0!0]; 05-18-2011, 07:24 AM.

I use my cellphone, its like a mini PC with a phone/gps/video+camera+heart rate monitor, news aggregater.

I tried Skype but felt limited by only being able to call other skype users for free.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Skype is awesome. It lets you chat, talk, video chat, and share screen w/ other skype users for FREE. My buddy works from home and uses it for conference calls, its 3x cheaper than having a landline.

Comment

I went with MagicJack, same thing but more to the point.Even though I had to pay,it was payed for like, 3 years ago? maybe 4... not bad for a one time investment of less than 2months phone bill that includes long distance packaging (which,if I total'd the money Ive saved by "surviving" on the internets.......whew. fucking GINORMOUS amoungs of money

Cable/Satellite TV? pfft..... internets
        Telephone/Long Distance?? pffft. internets

It's plain and simply retarded how much they charge for these basic required services for todays age. They haven't been getting my money since I left VA and dropped having Comcast Cable TV and Net
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'm with Mindz on this one... Magic Jack user here as well. $20 a year is godly for phone service with free long distance...
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm anti-social fu all!!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

does it feature the ability to do remote-PC,giving control to someones PC. Like trouble shooting a PC remotely over the internet
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I don't know if Skype supports that, but if you're looking for a program that does that then Teamviewer is a good choice. I personally use it to manage my two servers, which just sit around in another room with nothing more than power and ethernet connected (and my magic jack on one of them).

Comment

Nah skype only supports Screen Sharing - view only. VNC (TightVNC or UltraVNC) is good for sharing control

Comment

Skype is indeed amazing. What I love the most about it, is using it to talk with my daughter. It allows us to play games against each other WHILE we video chat when we're apart, she loves battleship

We sit on that shit for hours laughing and talking, unlike Magic Jack where I would only be hearing her voice over free long distance, I get to see her smiles, expressions, and actions. I vote Skype all day
                    uakene.com

Comment

About Mom
                      >my face when I saw this

Comment

That explains EVERYTHING about Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                          Skype is indeed amazing. What I love the most about it, is using it to talk with my daughter. It allows us to play games against each other WHILE we video chat when we're apart, she loves battleship

We sit on that shit for hours laughing and talking, unlike Magic Jack where I would only be hearing her voice over free long distance, I get to see her smiles, expressions, and actions. I vote Skype all day
                          He also loves skype so he can preview his asian hookers.
                          Rambo[RuM]
                          I support:
                          Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                          Qrack - Thank You r00k
                          Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                          Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Sure, I can help you test it, when I get some time in the next few days. Also if you are interested in screen sharing for dev'ing or whatnot, teamviewer works pretty good, a lot of decent security functions with it as well.

Comment

Add me to that list as a user. I think you'll find many more people use it than the 33 you originally suggested. It's great as I travel a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X