Newest Splitscreen COOP games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Splitscreen COOP games

Recently tons of games support splitscreen gaming on ONE PC , and its purposely being tucked away in some obscure location and requires a fn stupid amout of effort to enable them......

This is aggrivating to no end, as I am always looking to exploit COOP single PC w/ PC Game Controllers and/or KB/M + Controllers gaming, I just thought I would take a moment to let the game manufacturers who are involved in this practice of not exploiting proper COOP single PC access, are fn complete douche bag's.

There is this pre-existing assumption that PC Gamers dont want access to same-screen gaming or splitscreen gaming. Multi monitors is PERFECT for splitscreen gaming, but I fail to see any game developers taking direct advantage of todays tech........

Most notable mention for PROPER PC gaming across samescreen or splitscreen would be Street Fighter 4, fn AWESOME.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

It has already been done in Quake in FTEQW.

Originally posted by Team Xlink
    Originally posted by franqutrass
    are confident that you can not make the engine so that 2 people can play a single machine
    FTEQW has it working, Spike did a good job, I've tested it myself. Split-screen Quake is rather neat.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

OOF. no links! I'm seeing FTEQW and scratching my head to its viableness in a netquake enviroment (RQ Coop)

I've already angrily given up on Left 4 Dead being PC SPlitScreen.

I've given up on Portal 2 split screen as well.

I'm seriously thinking about buying Wii games for use on dolphin, just to get access to some serious 2 player COOP on the PC.

OOF again, PC gamepads blow as Wiimotes.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

FTE supports NETQUAKE and QUAKEWORLD
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

nqconnect

0h

Comment

Oh???

Comment

Note: anyone making a video of this FTEQW feature, it will automatically be news. Unless it is extremely lame or somehow has truck posts in it.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Damn you beat me!
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Consider it attempted....

Comment

cl_splitscreen 1 through 4?

so far,thats all thats availible. I've spent the last 20min poking around FTEQW and Google, with little to no success. A feature still in the works is what I read on QuakeWIKI

Comment

you need to fiddle around with a few cvars to get it to work.
                      cl_splitscreen 1 to 3 (the number of extra players to use)
                      allow_splitscreen 1 (on the server, requires an FTE server, by the way)
                      in_rawinput 1 (highly recommended, reasoning below)
                      in_rawinput_keyboard 1 (highly recommended, reasoning below)

more recent builds automatically ignore allow_splitscreen for local clients, so it works in 'single' player by just setting the cl_splitscreen cvar, which now appears in the menus.
                      Note that you need to reconnect to the server or so, you can't just change map.

in_rawinput is a windows-only cvar which changes the input method to something supported on winxp upwards. dinput was originally meant to report which device was giving your input, but this works only for joysticks. rawinput actually allows the engine to know *which* mouse or keyboard reported the key press.
                      with that, the engine is able to figure out which input device and thus which keyboard to use for each player (each is numbered, and the player it controls is dev%numsplits).

if you only have one keyboard, you can bind as follows:
                      bind w "+p2 forward" (player 2's +forward command)
                      bind q "p2 impulse 7" (player 2's impulse command)
                      etc.
                      You can force all input to go to a single player by setting cl_forcesplitclient to a number between 1 and 4, if you need to do so.
                      Note that the bind menu will have an option for that cl_forcesplitclient cvar if splitscreen is active, and binds shown will be for the player selected, assuming that 'their' keyboard is used. or something.

it works for me. was testing stuff yesterday by using it.

did I miss anything?
                      Some Game Thing

Comment

I'm having trouble dividing the control's. So far, both players spawn at same time and same location = insta teledeath over, and over lol.

This is shaping up to be FN AWESOME but there are some really huge hurdles to over come.

Comment

Also I can't seem to locate where I am able to select which screen im currently on or currently selected, and modify controls for the independent section of the client (I dont see this in the menu options)

Comment

mindz, what's your setup like?
                            are you using two mice and two keyboards, two mice and one keyboard, or just one of each?

in_rawinput 1; in_rawinput_keyboard 1; in_restart
                            should be sufficient for the case where you have two mice+2 keyboards. Be aware that both players will have the same keybinds (just different player targets).

if you only have one keyboard, you must bind the second player's binds to '+p2 attack'. Basically prefix a 'p2' command (with a space) at the start (but after a + or - if there is one present), and the engine will direct the command to that player. This applies for any command which supports specific player targets.

You should generally not use cl_forcesplitclient, its a debug cvar, but if you want, you can 'bind f1 cl_forcesplitclient 1; bind f2 cl_forcesplitclient 2' for some turn-based splitscreen (such binds may be useful if you wish to use it for spectating, or for debugging a mod if you're that way inclined).

If the client doesn't recognise the 'cl_forcesplitclient' cvar, and doesn't automagically do the allow_splitscreen thing, then it may be too old a client version. Which also means that its rawinput and +p2 stuff is also not implemented. In which case you're stuck with the clumsy '+attack2' command for the second player. Which is undesirable, hence the +p2 change in more recent builds.
                            (I changed it some time during my more recent hexen2 bugfix stint.
                            FTE really needs a new proper release. :/
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

I think I may try this with a mouse/keyboard and a Wiiremote/Nunchuk
                              Easy to setup - bluetooth adapter and something for the IR Sensor bar (make it battery/usb powered, use 2 TV remotes constantly holding a button down OR use 2 tea light candles)

Comment

Working...
                              X