Comment

Bought it.
      ... AGAIN.
      Now i can give one Quake 3 Key to someone else
      Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
      Operating Engine: Engoo
      QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

I'll take it I lost my copy of Q3 when my gaming stuff (all of it) was stolen Feb '10.
        Take a guess at my Steam name

Comment

I picked it up too. Now I have all the mission packs for quake 1 and quake 2. Never had them back in the day cause I was a poor kid and had the most ghetto rig imaginable I could barely play quake until AMD released the K6-2. Then I managed to get a voodoo card huah that was awesome, I wish I still had my voodoo card.

Comment

they had a sale on like a day ago for 75% off all their titles, minus the newest ones.

For near same price.

That's still a good deal, tho Q1 is all i like an i refuse to pay 30bux to play q2 or 3.

Shrugs.

The q1 missionpaks are good tho

Comment

I loved quake 2, first game I saw running on a voodoo. But I hated that it didn't have a script like QuakeC and I didn't know how to compile the DLLs back then. I didn't even have a C compiler lol. I was 15 man give me a break. But Quake 2 is special to me because I saw it on the voodoo and it blew my mind. Quake 3 got old pretty quick tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Quake Jesus View Post
                I loved quake 2, first game I saw running on a voodoo. But I hated that it didn't have a script like QuakeC and I didn't know how to compile the DLLs back then. I didn't even have a C compiler lol. I was 15 man give me a break. But Quake 2 is special to me because I saw it on the voodoo and it blew my mind. Quake 3 got old pretty quick tho.
                I never understood why QuakeC was removed from Q2 and HL1. HL1 in particular would've really benefited from a powerful scripting language instead of the triggers-only scripting it uses.

Comment

Me neither, the reason I loved Quake and Doom was that I could modify things, it wasn't easy in Doom and it was only by accident I found out how to do QuakeC at all. No internet back then, can you believe it? Google, wtf was that? It was the dark ages but somehow I learned how to hack QuakeC. But I didn't know I could get GLQuake or Quakeworld at all then, becuase I didn't have internet, and when I saw Quake 2 and Half-Life I was amazed. But then I wanted to change all the things but didn't know how I was always mostly into single player because even when I finally got internet, I had a 56K modem and it was horrible to play online. Then life got busy and I entered another dark ages between 2001-2009 when I didn't play games at all.

We kind of take it for granted now that we have Google and search engines and can find all this information easily because back then it was not easy at all to learn this stuff.

Comment

Hotbot.com is what I used back in the day, always worked great for me
                    Quake Jesus, you seem to know a fair amount about QC, have any mods in the work?

Comment

Working...
                    X