Data stored on BACTERIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data stored on BACTERIA

We were having this discussion in class the other day about this, and I thought perhaps some of you may find this interesting.

They have figured out how to literally store data on bacteria cells, which CAN'T be hacked.

Hard drives of the future. Welcome to it.
    Check it out here
    uakene.com

Might be cool until that bacteria dies.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Need to quickly destroy data on a bacteria drive? LYSOL!

Oh yeah, and, if done right, you might not ever need to purchase a bigger drive. Say you have 1tb of 'bacteria'. Depending on the type of bacteria used, say, the ones that reproduce asexually (or by splitting every 20 minutes), you'd have an exponentially large storage system on your hands (also assuming that you could somehow keep them alive and fed well)

lol

Comment

Not sure about the non hackable thing. If they are able to program it with data, and cant retrieve it, then I'd say its non hackable, but also pretty useless as well. Anything that can be altered by a human being, can be altered or restored by another human being , except when it comes to the nations economy, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor View Post
          Need to quickly destroy data on a bacteria drive? LYSOL!

Oh yeah, and, if done right, you might not ever need to purchase a bigger drive. Say you have 1tb of 'bacteria'. Depending on the type of bacteria used, say, the ones that reproduce asexually (or by splitting every 20 minutes), you'd have an exponentially large storage system on your hands (also assuming that you could somehow keep them alive and fed well)

lol
          I don't see them building drives with live bacteria. Imagine all the possibilities for something to go horribly wrong somewhere... it probably won't happen anyway, most likely it's just something theoretical someone came up with to say "whoopee, lookie what I can do!".
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Hahaha, so stupid. The bacteria's going to die eventually so who give a shit.

Comment

Chinas just trying to become the leader in the high tech R & D field....but they have a long way to go....as we can see.

Comment

Working...
              X