Cold days = OC Bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold days = OC Bliss

Time to start OverClocking so you can combat ambient room temperature's !!!

Anyone else do some overclocking when the cold months arrive ???
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    Time to start OverClocking so you can combat ambient room temperature's !!!

Anyone else do some overclocking when the cold months arrive ???
    yes i did it, with a celeron (800 MHz more or less maybe i do not remember)
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I overclock all day every day bruh

my main machine:

A slightly more impressive effort on my server:

I haven't been overclocking my video cards lately. My main machine has an ATi 5870, which I judged to be powerful enough without messing with it... and I never got into overclocking ATi anyway, so I left it alone. I tried flashing the BIOS on it to get a higher default fanspeed, but for some reason it just doesn't work. I followed the instructions to the letter, and I've flashed plenty of Nvidia BIOSes before, but I just can't flash my 5870 for some reason. I guess you could say I gave up on it.

I did overclock the GTX260 in my server for a while, but I dropped it back to stock due to some issues in that machine (which didn't go away afterwards), and I never put it back up.

I do have an 8800GTS which overclocks well in another machine, but I left that one at stock because the machine it's in now has a crummy power supply. I did, however, do a BSEL mod on the Celeron 430 in that machine (motherboard is crap and won't OC in the BIOS very well).

Image attached isn't my work, but that's the mod I did...

These are the settings I run all the time. Summer or winter, heat wave or cold snap, this is how I run my rigs.
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X