Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brink Weekend On Steam

Just a heads up:
    Brink is free-to-play on Steam for this weekend.

Frankly, I've heard mostly bad stuff about it, but since it's free to play now I can finally see for myself. It also looks fairly pretty
    It's also -75% off this weekend, that means the game + 3 expansion DLCs is about 6 bucks, so go figure. Download size is about 5 to 6 gigs.

Incase you're not in the know: it's an Id-Tech 4 game by Splash Damage (ET, ET:QW) and published by Bethesda.
    Last edited by Spiney; 12-03-2011, 06:15 AM.

This game isn't even worth 5 dollars. Absolutely terrible.

Comment

I'm waiting on this...

Star Trek Online going free-to-play in January ? Video Games Reviews, Cheats | Geek.com
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Huh, ETQW was pretty cool, I wonder how this can be not worth 5 bucks? haven't played it yet though.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I guess it really depends on how many games you've played in the same genre. I'm pretty easy to please, as I just want eye popping fancy graphics lately.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Well, it is pretty bad...
            30fps hardcoded cap (wtf!?), no way to disable depth of field or the excessive bloom. Performance isn't bad, but not the way it should be.
            Single player campaign feels disjointed, story is superfluous. The game as a whole is unnecessary complex in the way of simulating certain things, but still being very arcadey in others, feature bloat that doesn't add anything substantial.

On the upside, very nice characters, skins and guns are fully customisable.
            Moving around is slow, but agile... if that makes any sense.

But the most disapointing thing is that all these issues could have been resolved post release, but never did

In summary: amazing looks, terrible gameplay.
            ETQW, less pretty, but much better game overall, imo.

Comment

Working...
            X