Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything to PDF - Easy

http://www.pdf995.com/

The above program can turn the print output from any program into a PDF easily, that's what was used to turn Monster's Quake Guide into a PDF.

It's also free!

Great for those with versions of Microsoft Office that don't export to PDF.

OpenOffice.org, a free office suite that is as powerful as Microsoft Office for everything except the most advanced things, is a 60MB download and takes up a lot of space and has PDF export capability, but if you have already installed Microsoft Office on your home computer by "borrowing" the CD from work (and maybe "forgetting" to return it too), you don't need 2 office suites installed.

[Note: And if you set your firewall to block it, it doesn't pop up any ads like it is supposed to, heh So please don't do that, heh. ]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I'll play with this and see how well it works.

Have you tried this personally?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

CUTEPDF is also a good program.. again it's free and yes I've used it several times Whats great about this is that if my printer is not available for whatever reason I can turn the document into a pdf by using File Print Cutepdf. 123 all done.
      http://cutepdf.com/

Just the first two files on the left though. That third one is questionable as I believe it's spyware loaded.
      www.Net-Tyme.com
      Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
      Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim
        Have you tried this personally?
        When you print, you select "PDF995" as the printer name and then it asks you where to save the file.

It's EZ!
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

How about a "free" PDF Editor or Writer? Is there such a thing?
          www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

You can easily save to PDF with Open Office of course.
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
              How about a "free" PDF Editor or Writer? Is there such a thing?
              Load up PDF995 and pick, say, this web page and do File-Print and select "PDF995" as your printer.

That's how the RQuake manual was made, using Microsoft Word and printing the output to PDF.

And like Spirit said, OpenOffice.Org can save as PDF.

Comment

No.. an Editor would allow you to open a pdf and edit it, I'm not worried about creating one. So a PDF that comes to you that you would normally open in Adobe Reader you would open and be able to edit the text or fill out the form instead of printing it and taking it to a typewriter. This program does the same? I don't want to d/l it if all it does is create a pdf?
                www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

I think you have to buy the full Adobe Acrobat Professional to do that, especially to create a "fill-in" form PDF.

http://www.educational-software.com/...e-details.html

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Comment

The whole reason people make PDFs is so people can't edit them like you can in Word

Comment

Yea.. that's what I was seeing to.. was hoping you guys knew different

Sniper.. all tax documents now come in a PDF download. It would be nice to just pop in the company info and send it back instead of printing/manually typing/scanning/reloading or faxing/mailing.. grrrrrrr what a crock. I'm not reformatting their document. I just want to type my info in there so that it's nice,neat,and pretty AND EASY ;Þ
                      www.Net-Tyme.com

Comment

Working...
                      X