AMD's new APU's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's new APU's.

Has anyone tried or bought any of AMD's new APU?

Integrated GPU's on the CPU die, and from what I have read, any APU's from A4 A6 or A8 APU's offer double or more than double the performance of any AM3 onboard IGP solution.

They also support Hybrid CrossfireX ,which could offer really impressive performance gains when buying a matching video card.

AMD Hybrid CrossFireX Options for Desktop Llano APUs Explained - Softpedia

AMD continue's to impress me with the giving away goodies at no extra cost,like support IGP+GPU hybrid xfire.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I would if I didn't have so many STDs.

Comment

Hybrid crossfire sucks, I got this setup (not APU) and there are not enough cards out there that support it. I always leave it turned off as I never seen a performance gain from it. IGP suck the colors are bad and they relay are just for surfing the net and watching movies but the colors are not vibrant.

Comment

The APUs are actually decent performers, better than any other integrated/onboard graphics setup out there. Good for laptops and low end machines. Too bad AMD lacks raw processing power though, Intel processors are far faster... but that doesn't matter to 90% of people anyway.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
          Hybrid crossfire sucks, I got this setup (not APU) and there are not enough cards out there that support it. I always leave it turned off as I never seen a performance gain from it. IGP suck the colors are bad and they relay are just for surfing the net and watching movies but the colors are not vibrant.

Thats why it sucked, because you are right. IGP's typically DO suck, but thats all coming to an end with the new A4/A6/A8 processors.

Check out this Crysis 2 running off an APU, I'm even more impressed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kGwrqSntFs]Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H and AMD A8-3850 APU - YouTube[/ame]
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
          X