X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 Preview is out

Consumer preview is out:

Introducing Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Doesn't look like much has changed since the developer preview (in respect to the metro start menu)

*Yawn*

Comment

They need to make the OS for work and the windows phone OS just an in between courier of that information. People dont want to sit at their PC in the office and GPS where to go for lunch. That 1st vid on the link was a complete waste of 20,000$.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

They need to make an OS that looks and runs like Windows. Obviously, this is not it.

Comment

All OSes are probably headed in a direction that looks more like a touchscreen interface.

The new standard DE in Linux is already there, and it's widely unpopular. Though Linux usage increased by 64% in the last year, so maybe they know what they're doing.

Comment

Maybe for your smart phone users, but I'm telling you, if Windows try's to force their users into a Touchscreen world, there will be revolts.

I would abandon Windows entirely if they fuck with what already works, and demand I upgrade my display devices. I had a pissy fit when they turned my "Start" word into a fn "Windows Logo"....

(after thought,ps)
            then again,you eat whats put on your plate, if you don't like whats given, then you can grow hungry. Or, code billions of lines of code by yourself and do the Microsoft development teams job yourself. like

Baker OS

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I've no problem with it. You can switch it to look like Windows 7; if that's what you want then why not just do so?
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, if you can disable Metro and not have any resource overhead from that stuff, then no problemo.

Comment

That will be fine, I just don't want it forced down my throat (replacing the mouse would just simply be irritating.) Like trying to play a FPS with a controller, it's just nonsense
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by lohphat View Post
                    All OSes are probably headed in a direction that looks more like a touchscreen interface.
                    I had the same idea in mind... I just don't like that type of direction... I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I'm a little bit old school.

As for Windows 8, I can't say that I hate it. But I also can't say that I'm excited about it. I'm neutral when it comes to Windows 8.
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I wonder if we are going to see another "Want DX10? Buy our new OS!" situation.

Windows8 ,DX12 exclusive,ushering in a new reason to buy more expensive video cards!

Oh joy

Comment

Working...
                      X