The energy crisis is a sham....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The energy crisis is a sham....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU47blakiiI&feature=related]The Most Amazing Invention - YouTube[/ame]

Wow.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

thats pretty cool
    Rambo[RuM]
    I support:
    Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
    Qrack - Thank You r00k
    Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
    Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

They need to invent life extending technology so brilliant people like that can be productive 100 years.

That being said, it is difficult to do all the work to get a concept into production and there are always hidden obstacles.

One example: You could run a car on corn, the problem is that corn does not burn cleanly and --- I'm not a mechanic --- but similar to burning sugar you eventually have a residue build up that makes the engine inoperable.

There is also the issue of energy for the mass of volume. Gasoline is essentially a chain of hydrocarbons that when used in combination with oxygen yields a very high energy per weight and volume output.

And what is the catalyst here? It's something. Is it poisonous? What fumes does it emit? What is it burning? Hopefully the salt in the water. If it is actually burning "the water", that might be bad.

How expensive and/or dangerous is this chemical that facilitates the reaction?

Many unknowns ... energy production and consumption is a tricky business. Which is why electric power is viable because they can handle all that messiness at the power plant without having to make it portable and reliable like in a car.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Amazing..

thanks for sharing

what the fuck man.. I swear every day you watch videos of similar inventions and revelations and it gets so quickly suppressed in the news.. they want us to fight over every last gallon of oil so they can keep driving the market prices up as they've already been doing.. but there are thousands of people that already produce their own alternative fuels to run their cars, heat their homes, and supply energy/electricity..

Comment

You can take a 3 phase motor and turn it into an induction motor with some capacitors. The right capacitor-"bank" charge makes the motor spin "overclocked" which creates a magnetic field - perpetuating the engines motion. An induction motor will power another motor that is 1/6 the horsepower, while constantly feeding the charge back to the capacitors.

So what you do is get a really big three phase motor (7 or 8 hp) put some running capacitors to it and have the induction motor power an alternator that has been converted to a permanent magnet motor. Then lead off the alternator to some deep cycle batteries that power an inverter. Since you are getting your power from the batteries and not the alternator, there shouldn't be any load on the alternator (making it really easy for the 3-phase to power)

This is about as close as you are gonna get to completely free energy. No sun or wind is needed & the capacitors stay charged. After 4 or 5 years you will have to start replacing some batteries and this system isn't going to power a refrigerator or anything even close, but you could power a couple computers, keep your phone charged and other such devices.

Of course putting this all together is not as simple as talking about it. You need a charge controller & a blocking diode. The system will require maintenance, you may have to build a relay and experiment with a start capacitor. The wrong set up of capacitors will burn them up. You may need to run some trial and error experiment that you aren't pulling more charge than you're creating. However, with the way energy prices are going, a $300 - $400 investment in parts from the junkyard and a trip to harbor freight could end up saving you 1000's of dollars in the long run.

Note: I am not an electrician, I read A LOT and I am just a couple of parts from completing a similar system.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-05-2012, 11:24 PM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

so they have a radio source with enough energy to light a bulb.
            bulbs get really hot, you don't want to touch one. they're nice heat sources. shame about all these energy saving ones that result in a greater need for dedicated heaters too.

hydrogen is often used in rocketry. combine it with oxygen and you get a really nice flame with water as a waste product.
            if the above generates energy, then splitting that water into oxygen and hydrogen must require energy (energy conservation says you cannot create/destroy energy without also destroying/creating actual mass - this is 'invention' is not described as alchemy nor nuclear). assuming the salt is merely a catalyst, then this energy must be coming from the radio waves - the heat produced must be less than the radio energy consumed.
            so really, this 'invention' is useful to refuel hydrogen fuel cells, but not to create energy.
            Its useful for recharging the car, but not for actually running the car.

madgypsy,
            you'll loose your energy to friction and wire resistances.
            also, a current and a magnetic field generate a motion in the same way that a motion and a magnetic field generate a current, even if that motion was generated by the original current. problem is that the current generated is in the oposite direction to the original current. what I'm trying to say is that if you've got a magnetic field in a motor that is generation movement then you're also going to burn more electricity than you woud if there was no magnetic field (ie: no motor).
            capacitors are not bateries, their charge disipates much faster to heat.
            you cannot make a perpetual motion machine, and even if you did somehow manage it with superconductors and the extensive/expensive cooling required by such, you certainly wouldn't be able to syphon off more energy than you originally put in.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

but it already sorta works...

I don't know about how long-term yet. but it creates a consistent charge. I've been running a 60 watt lightbulb for 3 days off of my current model. The battery gets down about 14%, but then I cut it at night and it's back at 100% by morning.

My set-up is really small though and I have it geared as direct drive. No belts or chains. For all intents and purposes, my alternator could be considered a "wind turbine" and my induction motor "the wind". However, since the alternator is modded to be a fixed magnet motor, it doesn't take as many revolutions to create a charge. The only glitch I have seen so far is that I have to give it a nudge to get it spinning.

I'm not really sure where the friction comes in, there are no brushes, no belts, no chains....maybe magnetic friction.

Maybe it will break tomorrow, or blow up..I have no way to know, for now though it creates a charge (albeit not a very impressive one)

Gypsy
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I thought weed cures cancer, no?

Comment

It's 2012, where is this product?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                    lol. true.
                    Rambo[RuM]
                    I support:
                    Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                    Qrack - Thank You r00k
                    Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                    Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                      It's 2012, where is this product?
                      probably the technology/patent rights got bought up, and tucked away nicely in some big oil companies vault So,instead of solving the energy crisis, they said let the kids have the technology, and low and behold......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYgukwYcFo[/ame] TOY CAR RUNS OFF SALTWATER!
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                        No, weed makes you smarter

Comment

Working...
                        X