dont drink bottled water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont drink bottled water

the waste of the bottle the cost of transporting it to you etc, the fact that most ARE NOT REALLY RECYCLED the fact that its killing the Earth, the fact you are fool'ed for thinking your TAP water is less clean.

Please stop buying bottled water.

thank you.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

And stop toys in happy meals! too!

Be wary, You tell this Government you want orange, they slip you hard tequila riddled with ruffies and leave you behind some dumpster to rot.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

most our plastic refuse is shipped to Asia and child labor sifts the crap for process. It really doesnt break down like glass or wood or paper. It's petroleum, it just get all fucked from the start.

:9 we are less civil as we are more technological... grr..

I wish we could go back 200 years when men were men, and life was respectful. Now its a cliche, and respect is a word on the urinal wall i cant escape life but look boldy into the face of objective
      Last edited by R00k; 04-15-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

When I was in Egypt damn right I drank bottled water. Have you seen what it's like if you get the squirts over there? You do not want it.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Then what do the Egypt people drink? Sure if u live in space fine drink TANG. If life warrants fresh water then, by all mean get it how u can. Otherwise if you think it's proactive, lies, drink tap water or get a britta filter! The plastic bottle is the crap that is counter productive. Plus, it has side effects. ALL plastics have residual effects.

Comment

lol shitsquirt ftw
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              Then what do the Egypt people drink?

MEADE??? lol

they all drink Avion obv
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I think the end result is that plastic is not the greatest product of the world.

Bottled water is a leading numerical value that is easy to cut out of the loop.

Comment

Bisphenol-A

Apparently, now one of QuakeOnes "sponsors" (upper left) is

Satori Icon Water Bottle - 750Ml
                  $8.75
                  Sierra Trading Post
                  Up to 70% Off Top Rated Brands,

I bet it's plastic too.

So, (kinda-sorta) your "rant" about plastic water bottles is also helping to sell them - lol.
                  Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-15-2012, 11:10 PM.
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Bisphenol A - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia understand fail.

Comment

They mostly drink tap water but their guts are accustomed to the different bacteria/etc in it, and the different overall hygiene levels. Our's aren't - drink that and you're out of action for at least 4 days and need another 2 to get your strength back. Both ends.
                      Last edited by MH; 04-15-2012, 11:19 PM.
                      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Geographicly some areas will have naturally better water than others.....some soil levels and their contents underground are natural filtering and there are some really good aquifier areas where the tap water they get from them is great, but other areas are not so blessed, and the water can be very hard with minerals. Some people dont care about high mineral content in their water and they drink it all their life because they dont know better or care. Glass use to be the way water was always contained but back in the 70's the Coke 2 liter plastic thing took off and yea, now everyplace you go its plastic.....and some of the stuff they put in them has acid content, so some small part of the plastic is broken down into the food or whatever they put in there.

Comment

Estrogens in Plastic Water and Soda Bottles Affect Men

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                          the waste of the bottle the cost of transporting it to you etc, the fact that most ARE NOT REALLY RECYCLED the fact that its killing the Earth, the fact you are fool'ed for thinking your TAP water is less clean.

Please stop buying bottled water.

thank you.
                          Environmental estrogens from drinks stored in plastic water, soda bottles and including baby bottles lower testosterone levels in men. Baby toys and pacifiers have contained the stuff too. What stuff? BPA and phthalates, used to soften and condition the plastic. Plastic bottles with recycling #1, used for bottled water and soda, are a key culprit.

Most plastic products, from sippy cups to food wraps, can release chemicals that act like the sex hormone estrogen, according to a study in Environmental Health Perspectives. Women have more estrogen than testosterone, men have more testosterone than estrogen. Men in 2012 are not the same as the men that gave up their seats on the Titanic's lifeboats in 1912.

The study found these chemicals even in products that didn't contain BPA, a compound in certain plastics that's been widely criticized because it mimics estrogen. When you notice you're acting like a **** & your inner drive wanes maybe your girlfriend is looking for a more manly companion. Blame it all on chemicals leaching from your plastic drink bottles.

Anyone else not trust the plastic or "polymer" stocks on the Quake shotgun?

Comment

I get my drinking water from a machine in town, that fills your five gallon bottle for $1.50. It's a six step filtering process that includes reverse osmosis, etc.. I only do this because I regularly get letters from my water company warning me that there's fecal bacteria in the tap water, and because the filtered water tastes very good. I'm sure I get mega doses of BPAs though.

Comment

Unless... your in mexico... then bottle water it up boyo... or learn to drink salty sea water. ;P

Comment

Working...
                              X