$299 Windows 7 Notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $299 Windows 7 Notebook

I needed a Windows 7 notebook. Expected to pay $399, a little bit surprised to see that $299 was all it took. 15.6" wide-screen Compaq. [It was either pay $199 for Windows 7 and install that on my Macbook Pro via bootcamp or for an extra $100 have a laptop to go with it. That choice is rather obvious. As far as I know, Bootcamp on Mac means you have to restart and I'd rather be able to use both operating systems side-by-side.]

Compaq Laptop PC, Black, 15.6", AMD Dual-Core Processor - Walmart.com

$299 for a laptop that isn't crippled in some way or one of those 10" screen ones is not too bad. Video card is decent. Keyboard isn't weird. The display is very nice. DVD burner.

A few months ago around Christmas prices weren't quite this low.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Whoa, I thought Compaq was bought out and the name retired. Guess not. nice find.
    www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

AND a internal Radeon 6Series. Baker, I'm jealous.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Not bad at all. Looks about the same spec as the Acer notebook I have - about midway between a crappy little netbook and a regular laptop; mine cost €400 last year in September/October-ish. The CPU is really the limiting factor here, the GPU has full D3D11/GL4.2 support (but make sure you update the drivers for GL!), perfect for if you're on the move a bit a need a lighter machine that's not too crippled.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
        X