About The Da Vinci Code...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuadRaptor
    Did you hear they've made a freakin' video game for the MOVIE?! Not the book but the movie because Tom Hanks is in it!!

It's coming out on PC, Xbox, and PS2. It's funny how they didn't make it for the Gamecube. Yeah, little kids are going to play a game about a controversial book!
    Not only that, but you get to play as Tom Hanks! TOM HANKS!
    THINK OF THE FUTURE OF VIDEO GAMES!

Tom Hanks in: Pong: The Official video game of Peter Jackson's Pong: Based on the popular Video Game by Atari.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

They should have made an official Cast Away game.

Hell, you could have heard Wilson talk!!

The closest game to that idea is "Lost In Blue" for the DS, but that game is hard as hell!

Comment

Buena Vista Games today announced it will publish Desperate Housewives, a lifestyle simulation PC game based on the top-rated, Golden Globe-winning ABC-TV series, produced by Touchstone Television.

In the Desperate Housewives game, players take on the role of a new housewife who moves into Wisteria Lane and unlocks the delicious scandals hidden in the seemingly "perfect" neighborhood.
        http://news.gamewinners.com/index.ph...ounced_for_pc/

Comment

Did you know I carry the lords holy cross in my quake backpack!
          Just incase I run into one of you foo's using the vampire rune!!

Comment

Err... I read the book, and I recall a note on the first page of the book claiming that it WASN'T fiction and all the facts represented were true? Or was it just the cult rituals (secret druid sex orgy) that it claimed was true?

Originally posted by Bank
            Not only that, but you get to play as Tom Hanks! TOM HANKS!
            THINK OF THE FUTURE OF VIDEO GAMES!
            The guy in the game isn't modelled after Tom Hanks at all. He's some bloke. The game isn't based on the movie, or the book. It just seems to be two symbologists somehow doing kung fu on a ton of cops. Honestly..

Comment

I just watched the movie tonight. It was refreshing. The whatever is inside the book is irrelivant to fiction or not. If it says Fiction on the spine, it's fiction.

I enjoyed the movie and wouldn't feel offended at all if I was riligious.

Originally posted by SPOILER
              btw... I think the movie left out that the church boy in the end was her brother...

Comment

I was watchin this show about the antichrist a few days ago. Maybe the antichrist will come on 6/6/06. and i'll be in school that day. The school might be bombed and the monster might perish. But his quake powers will live on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                  It's a poorly written book
                  Just wondering if you actually read the book? I read it and it was not a poor book at all. Once you start reading you can't put it down. The story moves very fast and it keeps you interested.

As far as the comment in the front of the book about FACT, all that means is the facts he used are actually facts, not the entire story. For instance, he discusses the Dead Sea Scrolls, The Priory of Sion, etc. Think of it this way, he wanted to make his fictional story seem realistic by placing true facts within the story. It's just like if you watch a fictional TV show but they have the characters talk about George Bush and the Iraq war or some other current event. It just creates a more realistic enviornment.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
                    Just wondering if you actually read the book? I read it and it was not a poor book at all. Once you start reading you can't put it down. The story moves very fast and it keeps you interested.

As far as the comment in the front of the book about FACT, all that means is the facts he used are actually facts, not the entire story. For instance, he discusses the Dead Sea Scrolls, The Priory of Sion, etc. Think of it this way, he wanted to make his fictional story seem realistic by placing true facts within the story. It's just like if you watch a fictional TV show but they have the characters talk about George Bush and the Iraq war or some other current event. It just creates a more realistic enviornment.
                    I sure did, I didnt like it at all. I even read the sequel to try and fill in the gaps, didnt to anything for me. I really just thought it was full of stupid plot twists.

And as for that, so? What's the confusion then? If you can take the actual facts out, then what's left is fiction. As Canadian put it, if it says fiction, it's fiction.
                    Originally posted by Sajt
                    Err... I read the book, and I recall a note on the first page of the book claiming that it WASN'T fiction and all the facts represented were true? Or was it just the cult rituals (secret druid sex orgy) that it claimed was true?
                    The Blair Witch Project called itself a true story : D
                    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

The Blair Witch Project called itself a true story
                      you never know...

all of that nauseous camera work was quite convincing

Comment

Working...
                      X