Favorite Animal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Animal?

Been working on this idea for a post and I finally decided to put it together....

What is you're favorite animal(s)?

This'll be a pretty long post but if you want to take the survey yourself, you don't have to answer everything.

Mine will include:

Top Three Favorite Animals
    Other Animals I Like
    Top Three Least Favorite Animals
    "Timeline" Of My Favorite Animals In My Life

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Top Three Favorite Animals:

1 - Goats -

Well you knew this one was coming. I explained how I got into goats in GameFreak's Interview, which is that I found a goat plush at a thrift store (and at the time I was looking for a new animal to call my "favorite", so basically goats became it because of this).

Anyway, I don't know exactly what I like about goats, but I do know a few things that interest me about them. I like them because they're an unpopular animal (you'll see what I mean about this in my "Least Favorite Animals" section), but I also like how they're funny and adorable at the same time.

2 - Deer -

You probably figured it out that I like deer because I include them in my stories all the time. I've always liked deer, ever since I was a kid. They've always seemed to be mysterious and graceful creatures, and I like the camoflauge spots on the fawns.

3 - Pronghorn Antelope -

These guys are just beautiful. I think they have one of the coolest fur patterns I've ever seen. I've heard that they're really calm, and when they're sitting or laying down you can actually walk up to them and they won't mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other Animals I Like

Gazelles
    Stoats
    Horses
    Snakes
    Dolphins
    Kangaroos
    Skunks
    Rams
    Jaguars
    Buffalo
    Brown Pelicans
    Wolves
    Lemurs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Top Three Least Favorite Animals:

I put these three here basically because they're just too damn popular! Many, many people I know are obsessed with one of these three:

1 - Tigers - I think they're really ugly, but also half of Alabama is obsessed with them just because the mascot for Auburn University is the tiger. So you see tiger stuff everywhere in Alabama just because of that university.

2 - Bears - I dunno, people just think they're cute and soft but in reality they'd kill you in an instant. Just not an animal I can get into.

3 - Monkeys/Apes - I think they are a little....disgusting....but I guess they're not as bad as tigers and bears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Timeline:

This is going from my first ever favorite animal to my current one:

House Cats---Dolphins---Lizards---Snakes---Deer---Goats

Tiers- although I wouldant want one as a pet
    Dogs- man's best friend, yo
    Deer- cmon' theyre just cool
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

My favorite animals are ones that are "safe" animals: house cats, dogs, ducks. Horses and cows are ok too. Snakes and reptiles are cool.

Gorillas - OMG, when you see one at the zoo close up, you realize a gorilla is an extremely dangerous animal. The muscle content of those things is ridiculous.

Bears - Yeah, they look nice. Dangerous.

Monkeys - Not real fond of them.

Tigers - Thought they were cool, but that Las Vegas incident was a shame.

Hippopotamus - Scary!

Any animal that runs from people is, in general, a cool animal (deer, rabbits, etc). And if insects count, every once in a while I see a cool looking -- I dunno, maybe it's a beetle or something.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

oy.. to many..
        Hawks, Wolves and Owls, Dolphins, Otters, Elephants, Lions,Tigers,are some of my favs. Least favs.. House birds, Fishtank fish. Snakes,Gators, bats, ooops forgot SKUNKS!!!

I like Frogs to.
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

My favorite animal is rabbits!!! They are cute and cool

I used to have a holland lops bunny rabbit as a pet (well it was actually my sister's but...) and man was that thing smart. We would come home from the Pet Store with his food and he'd recognize the sound of the paper bag rattling and would come running into the kitchen as we walked in and stand there waiting for his treats. (We let the rabbit run around the house in the open... didn't keep him in a cage.) Also at night he would always walk around by this chair we have in our living room and if you someone was sitting in the chair they'd grab him and push him right in between their feet as they sat in the chair. After awhile, the bunny would run to the chair, turn himself around and plop down between someone's feet. I can't find pics of him but he had really long ears and they'd drag on the floor as he stood or walked slowly. And since we have hardwood floors, it was funny when he'd run... he'd slip and slide all over the place he sort of looked like this rabbit but had longer ears and was a bit lighter in color:

http://www.curryosity.com/family/chr...ortonfront.jpg

Comment

The rare North American Awesome.

It's awesome, as I hear.
            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

This may cause a lot of questions but I respect the Bald Eagle.

My favorite animal is the dog. But the dog has to have some wolf blood in it for me to accept it

Goats smell

Comment

If I included my favorite and least favorite insects....

Dragonflies are just the coolest things! Well, it sucks how long their lifespan is (24 hours), but they just look so cool when the fly around.

My least favorites are the flying, stinging kinds, like bees, wasps, and yellow jackets, just because their one thing I've been afraid of since I was young. Never been stung by one but I never want to be. Although Dust Dobbers are harmless, I hate them too because I can't tell them apart from wasps. I'm not so afraid of bumble bees, though, I guess since they're much slower than honey bees.

Baker - yeah that's one of the reasons why I don't like tigers and bears is because of how freakin dangerous they are. I'm just amazed as to how fascinated people are of them down here, though.

Sole - Rabbits really need to be careful about those Stoats.

They are notorious rabbit killers.

C*S - They may smell but they're SOOO DAMN CUTE!!

Comment

Favorites: Big cats, Big canines, Big Bears

Foxes, lynx, snow leopoards, tigers, black panthers, jaguars, cheetahs, lions, grizzley bears, polar bears, kola bears, wolves, and lots of other animals.

I'd post photos and whatnot but i'm lazy.

Comment

I like nothing but death.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

That's gross!
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wonder if it would hurt if I pulled one side out of his face? When I looked at that pic, that's the first thing I thought of.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

DZ loves ferrets...

I myself would have to be dogs as favorite animal... I also like snakes and spiders too.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                            This may cause a lot of questions but I respect the Bald Eagle.

My favorite animal is the dog. But the dog has to have some wolf blood in it for me to accept it

Goats smell
                            Indeed, fellow Canadian!

Animals I like: Dog

Animals I dislike: Cats. Cats are noobs, although it may only be because I'm allergic to them, so perhaps the world will never know.

However I disagree with you on the bald eagle. The bald eagle is evil. Who knows why it became a symbol of all the so-called virtues of America, but in reality bald eagles snatch puppies out people's back yards. And seeing as how I think I have more respect for dogs' lives than human life, that makes me angry and hate bald eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
                              in reality bald eagles snatch puppies out people's back yards
                              That's more of a reason why I think they're kickass

Comment

Working...
                              X