Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow No. 5
    replied
    Such and old engine? What are you newbs talking about? HL2 debuted the spankin new source engine.

I just installed it 2 weeks ago. Stream is a stupid pain in the ass, it took like 30 minutes to install and installed about 6 billion files. It was like installing windows. As for the game, I thought it was pretty sweet. Excellent graphics and physics, and runs very nice on my mediocre hardware.

To each his own, but it seems most people like HL2 a lot:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_life_2#Reception

Leave a comment:

• scar3crow
    replied
    I dont see why it has any system requirements at all beyond texture memory honestly though, thats the only thing really doing anything behind it... that and some number crunching for the Havok physics engine. Theoretically, it should be the fastest commercial game in years, because it uses such an old engine.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    I didnt have any problems with steam, nor HL2, and actually it was kinda fun!

I wasnt running top of the line hardware either, and I still got good framerates.
    Yes the game was kinda short in some areas and the last level was pure noobified cause i just blasted every1 with the gravity gun and those glowing orbs. I think the zombie level was my favorite, though they had that map in the demo anyways its not the worse game that year though I liked it better then doom3

Leave a comment:

• Sajt
    replied
    My parents gave me HL2 for my birthday because the guy at the store said it was the best game ever. What a noob. It came with a HL2 t-shirt, which I gave away.

Leave a comment:

• scar3crow
    replied
    It means I thought it was more fun as boxart than as a game.

Leave a comment:

• Bank
    replied
    Originally posted by scar3crow
    Bank - You did before you found out the key didnt work honestly.

Half Life2 is a lot like Myst. Good textures running on now very old tech with a shiny wrapper. Only Myst has more depth to its plotline and poses a challenge.

If they release a non-steam version ever, at a reasonable price, I might get it, but only for when I get tired of the freeform subtle gameplay that Area 51, House of the Dead, and Revolution X can offer.

What's that supposed to mean? I did everything they asked me, I bought the game, I installed it, and the key that THEY gave me didnt work. Now they want to charge me more to get another key that possibly wont work.

Leave a comment:

• scar3crow
    replied
    Bank - You did before you found out the key didnt work honestly.

Half Life2 is a lot like Myst. Good textures running on now very old tech with a shiny wrapper. Only Myst has more depth to its plotline and poses a challenge.

If they release a non-steam version ever, at a reasonable price, I might get it, but only for when I get tired of the freeform subtle gameplay that Area 51, House of the Dead, and Revolution X can offer.

Leave a comment:

• Bank
    replied
    Of course Steam is garbage, and so is Valve. I bought a fresh copy of Hl2, and they gave me an activation code that doesnt work. Now I have a 50 dollar paperweight.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Steam is a bunch of shit. You have to have an actice internet connection and a stupid username/password just to play the damn game.

Leave a comment:

• Sajt
    started a topic Half-Life 2 and Steam

Half-Life 2 and Steam

I thought I'd bring it up, it would've been eventually brought up anyway. Actually, it most likely wouldn't. But Steam sucks though I thought I'd bring it up.

Have any of you played HL2? I thought it was pretty crappy, high production value but still crap. I was going to buy HL2: episode 1 just because it's $20, but Steam is a pile of crap and whenever I try to purchase something off Steam or even download a free mod or trailer, it brings up an IE 'page not found' page (it's only typical that Valve would have an IE window in Steam, seeing as how Valve is just another baby of Microsoft, and just as evil too).

Apparently Steam is supposed to install a steam:// protocol, but somehow forgot about it when I installed Steam. So anytime I click a link in Steam, I get page not found. This is gay, and stupid, and crap. Perhaps it's fate telling me not to waste my money, but hey hey what can I say.
Working...
X