Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2013

I've discovered some minutes ago about this sequel. Anyone living in the USA saw it? Is it good?

Originally posted by nydailynews.com
    It was a bloodbath at the multiplex this weekend.
    “Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D” carved out the top spot at the box office with $23 million, despite being eviscerated by critics.
    Even Lionsgate executives were surprised by the performance of the latest installment of the horror franchise starring the original slasher, Leatherface.
    “Going to into the weekend we weren't expecting to finish first,” Richie Fay, president of distribution, told the News. “I think horror fans are an underserved audience in the holiday period.”
    Higher ticket prices for 3D movies also helped rachet up the movie’s weekend take.
    “The novelty value of having a horror movie in 3D, that’s a strong draw worth the additional dollars,” said Paul Dergarabedian, box office analyst for Hollywood.com.
    But there’s more to the franchise’s appeal than mere movie magic, Dergarabedian added.
    “We need to learn to never understimate the power of the chainsaw,” he said.
    Read more: 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D' carves top spot at box office - NY Daily News
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I didn't like it, personally. They were flashes of good parts, but by and large I didn't like it.
      There was some over the top gore for sure.
      Some might object to the spirit of the previous movies by turning Leatherface into an anti-hero.
      Last edited by DeadTenor; 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

anti-hero ? lol

Leatherface was always gore flick / never a hero.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

At least there is the Sawyer family again!

Comment

I'm ready for this new Evil Dead....................

Comment

Working...
            X