Net Isolation, Friends, and Friendzoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net Isolation, Friends, and Friendzoning

Just found this to be interesting. Recently, I realized my habits of being a homebody were getting danger-close to being a shut-in so I've started getting myself out and about more often, studying the need for social interactions away from the keyboard and what they signify.

The title of this leads you to think it's a "how to get chicks" tutorial, sorry guys but it's not. In ways though, it's something better and it sparked something in me. Maybe it will in you

The internet's great, Quake rules, but it's no substitute for a night at the bar with friends or a day on the town having dialogue with people you don't have the ability to screen out with search filters.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGK2KprU-To]The Science of the Friend Zone - YouTube[/ame]

Ready to cyberbalkanize with me? Let's get it ON!

Comment

Originally posted by Zop View Post
      Ready to cyberbalkanize with me? Let's get it ON!

In response to Amon26:

Thank you for posting that video. I'm not impatient, but I must say that it took that guy a while to get to his point. However, his main message is very true. To a degree, the internet is a drug and it can be very scary. I'm happy that you mentioned the scenario of hanging out with friends (eg.: A night at a bar.) You know what I really like? Playing basketball with my friends, going to the movies, eating at Pizza Hut, going to a shopping mall, and having a good time at a nightclub.

ps: I brought this thread back up because I think that the issue of this thread is very important.
      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Yeah vsauce's videos tend to take their sweet time getting to the point, but I liked it a lot. I'm glad you get out and do stuff off the screen. I'm personally thinking of getting into bowling or doing karaoke at bars again.

We tend to forget, even our best friends, loves, wives and husbands were at one point just strangers. Always leave yourself open to awesome strangers.

Comment

Friendzone is just an invention ugly people with little social life that does not appreciate the friendship.
          "my friend do not want I touch her boobs, i am in friendzone"
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            Friendzone is just an invention ugly people with little social life that does not appreciate the friendship.
            "my friend do not want I touch her boobs, i am in friendzone"
            Sorry to burst all your bubbles but, same shit - different day.

RealClearScience - Ancient 'Facebook' Stone Conveyed 'Likes'

Good Game
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

shit storm approaching-grab an umbrella.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

want to touch buns, no touch buns for you, friend zoned

Comment

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
                  want to touch buns, no touch buns for you, friend zoned
                  I'll punch your buns Zord

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1pquVdrOE]Adventure Time ? Punch Your Buns (Ryden Ridge Remix) - YouTube[/ame]
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                  X