Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed... good upload site?

hey all,

nothing quake related at all, but i have a question to all of you.

i always use mediafire for uploading files to share with people, and it used to be great, but lately mediafire has become pretty annoying, with bullshit like blocking downloads of split rars and more.

i also DJ in second life a lot, and since a while ive been recording every set ive done, and been using mediafire as host to share these recordings with friends and fans... but lately mediafire is sudddenly being a bitch about these files, and its started blocking download of some of my sets and giving people who tried downloading them 'permission denied becuase of copyright' and giving them a link to amazing where they can buy a song that was in this set, cuz the security of the site detected one of songs in these sets was sold on amazon

like this set for example: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mmiuqiv6rnm9ex

its really annoying that mediafire security started blocking some of my dj mixes i made,
    cuz i worked my ass off to create these live mixes and wanna be able to share them with friends and fans.

so anyways.... thats where the question i have is about

does any of you know any other good free uploading sites like mediafire which keep your files forever and which dosnt have such BS like blocking downloading of files and such?

preferably one with a high amount of space you get. a friend of mine had already told me to try dropbox, but that site has a max amount of space of just 2GB, and i really need more then that

anybody know of you happen to be able to help and know any good file hosting sites like this?
    Last edited by talisa; 01-28-2013, 03:03 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Maybe try this new service MegaUpload : http://mega.co.nz/
    They give 50gb free.

Don't shoot me if its not that good , i didn't test it yet...
    My servers for the gamers:
    bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
    port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
    Offline ATM
    fvf.servequake.com
    flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
    Offline ATM
    newdm.servequake.com
    port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
    sigpic

Comment

thanx polarite. sounds good, ill give that site a try

EDIT:
      just tried it and its no good. the maker of the site is obviously a big fan-boy of chrome, cuz they have overly harsh advertising, which only allows you to download files if you use chrome.

and they blatantly tell you 'your browser is old and outdated' if you use another viewer then chrome

thanx still for the link anyway pol, but that site is useless cuz of the overly harsh fan-boy advertising for chrome and the anti-otherbrowsers attitude of the site
      Last edited by talisa; 01-28-2013, 05:03 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi Splitter,

Just a thought but I wonder if SoundCloud might be of use to you. They tend to be very focused on the music producers rather than the advertisers and have a large number of DJ's (e.g Mixforce) using it to share their remixes, Megamixes, etc. I've not noticed any excessive advertising or unwelcoming attitudes and have been a user of the site for some time.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Monty
        P.S. just for info, if you have any problems joining the Flanders RQuake server, such as wehn Pol is doing some maintenance on it, please note that there is also a QRF RQuake server in [i believe] Sweden. Ping is reasonable as is the admin , which always helps
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

tried soundcloud already, but they limit amount of total time of your songs can have.

made an acccount there and uploaded one mix and instantly got message that i had reached the limit of total time of songs i could upload, and i also got a notice the site security had detected 'that it was copyrighted material'

soundcloud was one of my first thoughts too but after trying it and getting both of those things i immediately scrapped it of my list of possible hosts for my mixes

(about the server: yeah ive played on that QRF server too once when pol's server was down, had good ping there as well )

Comment

You've probably checked in to it already but just in case it helps... 4 SoundCloud Alternatives For Hosting DJ Mixes | Digital DJ Tips

Kind regards

Monty
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

MegaUpload FTW!

Comment

Hi Splitterface

Since I really apprciate what you post/share/comment here is my suggestion:

www.adrive.com

You have 50GB permanent file hosting and no restriction at all.

I've been searching a free file hosting for weeks (I tried like 100+) and adrive.com is far the best to my opinion/needs.

GL

P.S.

mediafire.com was my 1st/2nd choice for a certain time (the no limit thing is quiet interesting) and it is still an excellent choice but the "password" restriction was a big problem to me since I do outsourcing backup.

Comment

Originally posted by badaim View Post
                  MegaUpload FTW!
                  [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92-wWvq1KA]Megaupload is back - It&#39;s now MEGA - YouTube[/ame]
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    Megaupload is back - It's now MEGA - YouTube
                    new megaupload, now with shitty overly aggressive fanboy-like advertising for google chrome

'screw you and your other browser, get chrome or you cant use this site'

Comment

thanx mom, checking that site out now, seems good, made an account and uploading files to there now.

hope itll be as good as you say and i dont get files rejected or such cuz of copyright bs

seems good so far, nice fast uploading speed and i like the interface

Comment

+1
                        Just tried adrive site-- painless to sign up, like the UI.
                        Thanks for the suggestion, Mom

Comment

mininova.org is a good site if you have knowledge of torrent sites, they turned it into a user content site, that has no pirate material anymore so it would be a clean spot to use, you may need a seedbox (Seedbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for use of the site, megaupload was a good place kim dotcom is still at odds with authorities.. however MuchShare.net - Files and Videos Hosting Site <- is a decent alternative. There are several others like 180upload.com - Video Streaming and File Sharing Completely Free etc.. also http://www.sockshare.com/ and http://www.putlocker.com/
                          Last edited by ninjamonkeyz; 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM. Reason: adding more sites to check into.

Comment

thanx mom, adrive is pretty much perfect.
                            only downside is that you cant share folders with a free account like you can with mediafire, but i can live with that.

thanx for the other links ninja, if adrive at some point in time points out to not be what i needed after all or i get problems with it after all, ill check out those sites.

torrents i cant work with though cuz i am not able to seed my files 24/7, and i want my sets to be available to people 24/7

Comment

Working...
                            X