Stabbings in Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabbings in Vancouver, Canada

Jerome Bonneric charged with random Vancouver apartment stabbings | Canada | News | National Post

^

I think that the creep has a mental illness. He should get his head checked by a doctor. As a Canadian, I am shocked by this type of news. The crime rates are increasing in Canada. C'est terrible et c'est incroyable!
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

I have the opposite perspective. With the majority of the world being oppressed and maintaining the state of a constant war zone, what's going on in Canada that has kept the peace so long? I live right under you in America and the violent crime rates here have always been pretty ridiculous. In every direction from Canada violence is practically a way of life. You guys don't stand a chance to stop it from consuming you. And the worst part is you are being bombarded by professionals. How are you gonna defeat violence without using it yourself? Ya see? No matter what, your country will end up violent. Whether it be from becoming overrun with outsiders or having to become violent yourself to protect yourself from them.

there is no escape...buy a gun.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/jerome.bonneric

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        I have the opposite perspective. With the majority of the world being oppressed and maintaining the state of a constant war zone, what's going on in Canada that has kept the peace so long? I live right under you in America and the violent crime rates here have always been pretty ridiculous. In every direction from Canada violence is practically a way of life. You guys don't stand a chance to stop it from consuming you. And the worst part is you are being bombarded by professionals. How are you gonna defeat violence without using it yourself? Ya see? No matter what, your country will end up violent. Whether it be from becoming overrun with outsiders or having to become violent yourself to protect yourself from them.

there is no escape...buy a gun.

Maroon Color: Major wars, 1,000+ deaths per year
        Orange Color: Minor wars and conflicts, fewer than 1000 deaths per year

-Compared to-

Coincidence?
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

what is the bottom chart? population? gun ownership? density of mosquitos?

--

edit: LOL @ Mindz - of course the maps are similar, war is intentional homocide. You basically just showed us the same map, but colored differently.

---

edit 2: hmmm, maybe I'm wrong, or more accurately, maybe they aren't counting it like that. Some areas don't match up for war and intentional homicide to be considered the same.

If you look at Iraq, war is as high as it can get but homicide is as low as it can get (according to the chart degrees)
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-02-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

It was more to the point of,

Is it coincidence that modern civilized countries, such as Canada,the USA, Australia, most of Brazil have lower violence/intentional homicide rates than the rest of the world?

You don't see average americans bombing embassy's or signing up to be a suicide bombers?
            Same with Canadians and Australians, are they making an active effort to shit all over someone else's parade in the world?

However, you'll see some crazy fucked in the head shit happen around the rest of the world.

Everytime some sort of violence occurs, the average JOE would care about the actual harm thats been done. Assholes with agenda's other than passing gas and plopping turds into toilets will turn it into something well beyond what it is.

It's blown way out of proporitions for what the world is like today. All those regions of the world where they can't even fn get along with ONE ANOTHER have a limited existance / future. Why? Because the level headed civilized human beings of the world won't tolerate it. Why the fuck should you be allowed to continue even existing/breathing when all your agenda is is to see how badly you can hurt your fellow brother?

I just get really riled up about how IM the 'White Devil' etc, we are 'Evil' , etc.
            It's fn absurd that 90% of the so called people who care, only care when it suits them.
            I'm your average American, I do right by people and would never intentionally without good reason resort to violence,and would give you the shirt off my back. But some fucking 3rd world TRASH wouldn't think twice about killing me or my family....It's preposterous.

I'm just glad I live in the USA brah, because I couldn't imagine dealing with the day to day bullshit of other parts of the world. Where does the flow of shit cease to exist?
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yo, man. That's the most intelligent stuff I have ever read that you wrote. You quit smokin or summin'?

kudos, bro

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                Yo, man. That's the most intelligent stuff I have ever read that you wrote. You quit smokin or summin'?

kudos, bro
                hehe nah, but thanks for the kind words.

Comment

In a general perspective, banning objects does not work... "Ban guns, ban knives, ban [insert object]"... Oh please, it just won't work. If human beings really want to hurt each other, they will find ways to hurt each other. One could just pick up a rock or a piece of ice and throw it at someone and common sense will tell you that it would really hurt. Something as small as a golf ball can actually be used as a lethal weapon. (It's simple physics... When something small is flying at a very high velocity, it acts like a bullet.) Then there are issues such as arson, food poisoning, etc.

"The only way to stop an armed bad man is to have an armed good man." (One of the employees of the NRA, National Rifle Association, mentioned that. Or he mentioned something similar. I apologize for my poor quotation, but the idea remains.)

I think that the appropriate solution would be to upgrade security... Armed officers should be stationed in apartments, movie theaters, schools, hospitals, any place with a relatively high population.
                  "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I think that the appropriate solution would be to upgrade security... Armed officers should be stationed in apartments, movie theaters, schools, hospitals, any place with a relatively high population.
                    Yeah, that's what Hitler did..so X
                    And we are going that way in America with the dept. of "HOMELAND" security - which is more Hitler/Stalin speak.

The answer is simple - fight fire with fire...your OWN fire, not corruptible "security" agencies that are essentially employed to suppress your freedom under the guise of maintaining "order". Not bloating your system even more with alphabet soup bureaucracies that further leech off the peoples money, while generally not providing much in the way of "security" in the first place.

In other words, my friend. The answer is to stop relying on other people to protect you and get prepared to protect yourself. Do not even consider solutions that involve removing some of your liberty, so those that misuse that liberty can be tried for it. The answer FOR you is in YOU.

You also have to consider something else. Criminals keep the government in power. The weaker the government makes you, the more severe the threat from a criminal becomes, which works that vicious circle where you just keep getting weaker and less free as a "solution" to crime. What do you think the criminal/upstanding citizen ratio is? I guarantee you there are far more upstanding citizens then (dangerous) criminals. This isn't because the government is taking them off the street, this is because the majority of people don't have a natural desire to be a criminal.

So for the government to actually remove the criminals would be like the government openly stating that they are trying to work themself out of being necessary. That aint gonna happen. Crime will ensue for as long as you have rights, so they can keep coming up with solutions that involve taking them away.

When you finally stand up to the government and say "Fuck your solutions, we got this, sit the F down, shut the F up and listen to me PUBLIC SERVANT!"

You will truly experience the meaning of freedom, because in that you will have instigated making your own damn decisions and will have stopped taking orders from your SERVANTS!
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-03-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Could be that this this guy just wanted to RQ on life?
                      Last edited by AAA; 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

That's an interesting angle. You should follow through with that line of thinking and do a lil mini investigation, then come back here and post your argument with some media to support it. It might make for a good discussion and it would probably be fun, like a sleuth game of sorts, where others could try to disprove your argument with their own and provide their own supporting media as well.

If you kick it off, I'll play. Even if I agree with you I will try to prove you wrong. We could even end it with a poll to see how much of the community agrees with each investigator.

hmmm, this gives me an idea for a mod to the blogware that I'm building....woah, actually this gives me a whole lot of ideas.
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-04-2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

^ WOW was this aim'd at me? I live in VANCOUVER, shit like this goes down every now and then.

Comment

If I wanted to RQ life, I'd just off myself. No sense taking someone else down with me.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I guess he just Kimp'd the server out or in your case DM3'd.
                              LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X