No announcement yet.

Stabbings in Vancouver, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totally off topic, but why did nobody post on that hostage crisis with that crazy veteran? sounds right up your ally mindz!
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

people who take hostages are weak. just an opinion brah
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

We, didn't do shit.
        Let me clear, brother (and let me also say that this makes me guilty).

If you did nothing to stop it, you are part of the problem These are our elected officials that performed these acts. If you are one of those that believe we don't actually elect anyone. You are still part of the problem, for not making an effort to remove those that are attempting to hijack our country. All of America is guilty, no matter how you look at it. Because we aren't doing anything to stop it and it even says in our Constitution that WE ARE SUPPOSED TO
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
          Let me clear, brother (and let me also say that this makes me guilty).

If you did nothing to stop it, you are part of the problem These are our elected officials that performed these acts. If you are one of those that believe we don't actually elect anyone. You are still part of the problem, for not making an effort to remove those that are attempting to hijack our country. All of America is guilty, no matter how you look at it. Because we aren't doing anything to stop it and it even says in our Constitution that WE ARE SUPPOSED TO
          I am confident in humanity's ability to continue to evolve our most basic moralities and basic instincts will overcome any future tyranny and expose tyranny of the past. Tremor gave me this link earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXg2...t=HL1360118517

The title is somewhat misleading but after hearing a barrage of video news snippets taken from an unprecedented amount of fn sources, its basically outlined out how we are currently evolving,atleast in my opinion.

I approve the message delivered in the video and recommend it to everyone. I almost didn't watch but im glad I did.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

So you think humans have been domesticated? Who domesticated us? There is no animal in the entire animal kingdom that has the ability to self domesticate.

Say you put me, you & others with half a brain on an island and you know what would happen? We would figure out a way off the damn island. To assume we would all start "running around naked, chasing animals on all fours and catching them in our mouths" is ridiculous.

I know my example is extreme. It could have been far less extreme but congruent and it still wouldn't happen.

Lord of the Flies, was a book about an island full of children and it was also fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetnine
              I believe all species are evolving but it is so slow that it is hard to track. I do not think we are evolving our basic instincts out of us though. Hunt, Eat, Protect, Mate, Procreate, Conquer. We have only had these so called "Morals" for a couple of hundred years? Hell just the last Century really. That is blip on the millions of years it takes for species to evolve.

Toss 10 people on an island with no rules and no repercussions after and you will see how much we have evolved

We still have animal instincts but they are just caged behind the infrastructure of a peaceful society, and I don't believe that is something you will see change in the near future. (Thousands of years)

Also you still haven't said anything about my Prodigy questions in my above posts.
              I totally missed the Prodigy comment/section. My bad !!

COME PLAY MY GAME I'LL TEST YA!!!

EXHALE,EXHALE,EXHALE!!!!

Do we import Lard or Steel?
              It's not a coincidence , I was introduced to the Prodigy back in the 90's. When I first got the internet, I found my way to a chat room and met a family of Australians. They mailed me the 'shit brown' colored F.O.T.L. cd before it was even released in the STATES!! Also the version you could buy in the USA was a blueish tint. + and my sis somethin I forget now, and I sent them a collection of my favorite music at the time which was metallica! They got Kill `em All through Black album,because I was a diehard fan and had like opened copies and at minimum 1 unopened copy, so I got pre-release music and they got some good ol american heavy/thrash metal!

Music is fun bro,I'ma start using more Prodigy names like Diesel-Power!

@Michael , I think he meant we've reached a particular type of conditioning that equates us overall being very social type creatures. When violence occurs most of us are appalled (terrorism,stabbings,movie theatre shootings,columbine,etc), and because resources aren't scarce and everyone can attain the most basic needs without little or no effort or risk involved, we all typically 'tame'. Much the same Fluffy the lovable fuzzy wuzzy kitty cat can go from your purring lap ****y to ,put in a starving situation and present with 1 mouse & a 2nd cat wanting that same mouse , fur is gonna fly.

And it makes sense, it sort of is like domestication but its more along the lines of self-applied or self-enduced.
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

But what you just said is exactly what he said as I understood it. That cat would rip your face off if XXXX years ago we didn't catch one, domesticate it and then continue the domestication of all of it's offspring.

Monkeys aren't walking out of the jungle with an understanding of English and a self determined decision to join the world of man. This is because everything that ever was, always was and still is. If we truly evolved, this planet would not have one form of life on it.

Take an owl for instance. If it didn't always have silent flight and keen night vision, they would have all starved to death long ago. Here is another thing to consider. Supposedly slime on a rock was struck by lightening (one theory) and it became an aquatic animal that eventually grew legs made it's way onto land, evolved into a primate and eventually man. To make this even more ridiculous at every step of the chain the being created left behind others of its kind. OK, where did an elephant come from or a giraffe, gazelle, or anything else that is not described in that chain.

In tandem, you need a male and a female to procreate. I'm to believe that there is some kind of sentient lightning that can selectively strike slime and create perfect pairings? How did these pairings find each other to procreate in the first place? That last question is partially irrelevant cause we still need to answer the ones before it before the last question can even exist.

All of these evolution theories are waaaaaaaay more far fetched than simply understanding that man was created as a man and has always been the same thing forever.

Supposedly all the dinosaurs were wiped out, but in the same breath pigeons are the evolution of a t-rex. Do you see how completely ridiculous these theories are? They contradict themself to prove themself because THEY ARE LIES.

Comment

We no longer eat with our hands or off the floor.
                  because man has the ability to learn and unpuzzle. We dont "eat off the floor" because through trial and error Man learned that you die doing that. That's not domestication, that is revelation. And once it is spread it is education.

Comment

I don't really mind who you subscribe to,just so long as you know how to co-exist peacefully. The world's only gonna get more crowded the more advanced we become,soooo.....Yea.

Comment

not as a debate topic, more of an observation: You would think that the world would become less crowded with the more advanced we get, as being able to better organize the space on the planet (w/c)ould be a product of being more advanced.

Like imagine if everyone's house was the equivalent of a T.A.R.D.I.S. Bring the idea even further and you could have nothing but an upright door. Enter through one side and it's your house, enter through the other side and it's someone elses house. These doors could also be placed within the rooms that parented doors create hence creating that pink floyd album cover (umma gumma?) where it's never ending reflections. Or in other terms never ending space that is infinitely folded on top of itself.

It wouldn't be an infinite loop. More like a loop that creates itself within itself infinitely.

Code:
                      do
                      {
                          create self;
                      }
                      while (self in self);
                      resulting in

Code:
                      self:
                      {
                          self:
                          {
                              self:
                              {
                                  self:
                                  {
                                       etc
                                  }
                              }
                          }
                      }
                      however even that isn't entirely accurate because each self is creating infinite selfs within it's first depth. So, it would be more like above but with infinite CSV selfs at every depth.

Code:
                      self:
                      {
                          self:
                          {
                              self:
                              {
                                  self:
                                  {
                                       etc
                                  },
                                  //infinite more selfs at this depth
                              },
                          },
                      }
                      nothing is infinite though, so there would have to be a condition

Code:
                      private function force_infinite_self(self:Object):void
                      {
                          do
                          {
                              create self;
                          } while (self.length != self.maxSelf)

if(self.length == self.maxSelf)
                          {
                              var newSelf:Object;
                              newSelf = self.ultimateLastIndexOf(self);
                              force_infinite_self(newSelf);
                              return;
                          }
                      }

private var self:Object = new Object({/*include Universe*/});

force_infinite_self(self);
                      That should work, right Mindz? Feel free to correct any mistake I made.
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

But what you just said is exactly what he said as I understood it. That cat would rip your face off if XXXX years ago we didn't catch one, domesticate it and then continue the domestication of all of it's offspring.

Monkeys aren't walking out of the jungle with an understanding of English and a self determined decision to join the world of man. This is because everything that ever was, always was and still is. If we truly evolved, this planet would not have one form of life on it.

Take an owl for instance. If it didn't always have silent flight and keen night vision, they would have all starved to death long ago. Here is another thing to consider. Supposedly slime on a rock was struck by lightening (one theory) and it became an aquatic animal that eventually grew legs made it's way onto land, evolved into a primate and eventually man. To make this even more ridiculous at every step of the chain the being created left behind others of its kind. OK, where did an elephant come from or a giraffe, gazelle, or anything else that is not described in that chain.

In tandem, you need a male and a female to procreate. I'm to believe that there is some kind of sentient lightning that can selectively strike slime and create perfect pairings? How did these pairings find each other to procreate in the first place? That last question is partially irrelevant cause we still need to answer the ones before it before the last question can even exist.

All of these evolution theories are waaaaaaaay more far fetched than simply understanding that man was created as a man and has always been the same thing forever.

Supposedly all the dinosaurs were wiped out, but in the same breath pigeons are the evolution of a t-rex. Do you see how completely ridiculous these theories are? They contradict themself to prove themself because THEY ARE LIES.
                        Knowledge is important, that's why we develop specialization and expertise. And there is no super-polite way of saying this but:

You clearly don't know much about biology, chemistry, anthropology or natural selection. Furthermore, you seem to feel there is no need to have any knowledge on these subjects to comment on them and feel no interest to make sure what you say is even valid (willful ignorance).

Some examples:

In tandem, you need a male and a female to procreate.
                        Tell that to a bee or a reptile.

Supposedly all the dinosaurs were wiped out, but in the same breath pigeons are the evolution of a t-rex.
                        Says who? Pigeons certainly didn't evolve from a T-Rex and no one with a background in biology would ever say that.

Supposedly slime on a rock was struck by lightening (one theory) and it became an aquatic animal that eventually grew legs made it's way onto land, evolved into a primate and eventually man.
                        Magic lightning is your idea of how mutations happen? There are freshmen in high school that know better than that.

I interpret some of the things you have said that you have a general disinterest in knowledge, especially in the age of free information and the internet. If that is how you like to do things, that's up to you. But it isn't good for you and certainly willful ignorance isn't good for the world either.

/Back to occasionally lurking the forums ...
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Magic lightning is your idea of how mutations happen?
                          You might want to go re-read that bro. I wasn't agreeing with the slime on a rock, hit by lightning theory. I was laughing at it.

Says who? Pigeons certainly didn't evolve from a T-Rex and no one with a background in biology would ever say that.
                          Yeah that's exactly what they said, unfortunately I can't find it again. I'm going to look again later. They claim the same about chickens. I got that from the free information you mentioned on some dinosaur discovery site, while on my quest for willful ignorance.

Tell that to a bee or a reptile.
                          you got me on that one. In my defense, my train of thought in that paragraph, was ending with a human while following a theory that I think is ridiculous. I could have worded it better.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. It changed the entire course of the topic and set everyone straight on the facts. That's the most important thing. I've never seen so much information in one reply. If you remove all of your personal criticism, we are all much more enlightened by what's left.

bees and reptiles are A-sexual...got it.

I noticed that in at least one part you exhibited a comprehension problem. I would hate for that to happen again so, please allow me to clarify. You didn't actually say anything. There was no meat and/or potatoes to your post. It was void of anything but criticism and failed miserably to provide any content or proof of knowledge of your own.

bravo, champ.
                          Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-06-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Collagen preserved within a T. rex bone was broken down and analysed with a mass spectrometer for its amino acid content, which could then be compared to other species. Researchers then compared the molecular profile of chickens and ostriches to that ofT. rexand found a close match. They now hope to carry out further tests to establish which type of bird is most closely linked to the predator.
                            Tyrannosaurus rex protein proves dinosaurs evolved into birds - Times Online - RichardDawkins.net

That is not the exact piece of media that I was referring to. I can't find it and I know why I can't find it. It was inside of a video. I do however remember the scene and primarily what happened and what was said.

Two men were discussing bone fragments and a pigeon landed near-by. One man turned to the other man and said (basically)

"Can you believe that that used to be a T. Rex?"

These were both professional scientists in the field. I can not promise you that either was a biologist. But I can promise you that when I heard it, I thought it was absolutely ridiculous. Regardless, both of these men were "married" to evolution.

So, I said they claim the T Rex evolved into a pigeon and there is at least a small group of scientists that believe this. If I ever remember what I was watching I will find it and prove it even further.

you can kiss my ass about willfully ignorant too. All I do is learn and study and I'll eat you for fuckin lunch in MANY subjects (many not biology - whoopee fukkin doo)

edit: DEFINITELY not biology - still whoopee fukkin doo

Comment

You didn't actually say anything. There was no meat and/or potatoes to your post.
                              I know!

you can kiss my ass about willfully ignorant too.
                              You're the one that spent 2 hours 23 minutes thinking up a reply and editing your post ;-)

All I do is learn and study and I'll eat you for fuckin lunch in MANY subjects (many not biology - whoopee fukkin doo)
                              It is important to have a dream. My dreams don't involve beating me in a knowledge contest. But hey, everyone has to have a dream

But please remember, the best goals are realistic ones
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I know!
                                psssh jackass

Comment

Working...
                                X