Glass Half-Full/Empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Half-Full/Empty

When life gets you down, just remember...
    It doesn't matter if you see the glass half full, or half empty, because either way, there is still clearly room for more beer!
    +Rep! I'm going to the top!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j97NK6MsDRk]The Coffinshakers - Until the End - YouTube[/ame]
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

yep i keep that in mind.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by Kliffington View Post
        there is still clearly room for more beer!
        Drink one glass of wine a day because it is good for your health... Would this rule apply for beer?
        "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

wine every day=liver issues.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Actually, there is a very informative documentary called "How Beer Saved the World" that you may find to have a good wealth of knowledge to be shared on how beer is the hero!

Red wine has also been proven to reduce heart conditions, but naturally, drinking too much MAY cause liver issues. Some people drink their lives away and never have a single major problem with their liver - if they are lucky.

Me? I drink everyday. I don't get drunk everyday. 1-3 drinks a day is about what I do, depending on the day of course.

Comment

everything in moderation. especially alcohol lol.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Comment

Sober 9 years and I don't mean (9*365+2) days of soberness. I mean IDGAF about alcohol.

I used to care greatly about it and I did an awesome job of ruining/wasting over 10 years of my life. It took almost 3 years for me to feel human again and not want to squeeze peoples necks til their head popped off.

I went to AA. AA told me that I need to realize that I am powerless to alcohol. I told AA to kiss my ass, I'm not powerless to anything and certainly not liquid. I told every friend I have that I don't want to be friends anymore, bought a decent computer and began programming. Then I had over $35,000 worth of surgery to correct my guts.

Honestly, I've even had a few beers over the last 9 years and that's fine. I however have not been drunk or anything even similar in that entire time. It's all a state of mind and determination. Weak people are powerless to alcohol. There is nothing weak about me.

I currently work in a bar and still dgaf about alcohol. I can drink for free and still dgaf about alcohol.

My exact words to the guy hosting the AA meeting before I walked out the door:

"I am a complex and amazing creation of God and you want me to believe that liquid is my eternal master? You sir, are a complete fucking moron!"

been sober ever since
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    Sober 9 years and I don't mean (9*365+2) days of soberness. I mean IDGAF about alcohol.

I used to care greatly about it and I did an awesome job of ruining/wasting over 10 years of my life. It took almost 3 years for me to feel human again and not want to squeeze peoples necks til their head popped off.

I went to AA. AA told me that I need to realize that I am powerless to alcohol. I told AA to kiss my ass, I'm not powerless to anything and certainly not liquid. I told every friend I have that I don't want to be friends anymore, bought a decent computer and began programming. Then I had over $35,000 worth of surgery to correct my guts.

Honestly, I've even had a few beers over the last 9 years and that's fine. I however have not been drunk or anything even similar in that entire time. It's all a state of mind and determination. Weak people are powerless to alcohol. There is nothing weak about me.

I currently work in a bar and still dgaf about alcohol. I can drink for free and still dgaf about alcohol.

My exact words to the guy hosting the AA meeting before I walked out the door:

"I am a complex and amazing creation of God and you want me to believe that liquid is my eternal master? You sir, are a complete fucking moron!"

been sober ever since
                    That's inspiring, good sir, and congratulations on your sobriety!
                    My mom went to AA a lot and I was the kid sitting in the back doing his homework listening to them talk.

Comedian Doug Stanhope says it pretty well in his most recent bit...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txNz25Ht9o]Doug Stanhope - AA Is A Poorly Constructed Cult and Doesn't Work.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I have a healthy respect for alcohol, I like tasting new types and learning about their history and how they are made, it's like each culture has their own alcoholic beverage and there is always some interesting story behind it.
                    Last edited by Kliffington; 02-11-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

eh, to each his own, but i dont touch it, and never will.
                      (ok so i have had a beer but it tasted like shit)
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                        eh, to each his own, but i dont touch it, and never will.
                        (ok so i have had a beer but it tasted like shit)
                        I think you drank the wrong beer
                        but I respect, and admire, your choice to avoid alcohol, that's for the better

Comment

it was a budweiser. smeh.
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                            it was a budweiser. smeh.
                            That's why. Their motto "King of Beers" is quite laughable.
                            Maybe if you ever decide to try it again, I'd recommend finding a micro-brew, that is, a beer that is brewed and distributed in small amounts, and only in certain regions.

Why? Because they take the most care and craft in them. It's not mass produced in cheap quantities like Bud, Coors, or Miller.

They are usually more expensive because of this, but only by a few dollars, and totally worth it.
                            I see that you are in L.A. - so check out Total Wine & More, I recently had the pleasure of visiting that place my last trip out there and I consider it to be the Valhalla of Drink.

If you want a bitter, powerful taste, look to an IPA (Indian Pale Ale)
                            If you want dark and flavorful, look to a Porter
                            Clear and crisp can be found in a Pilsner style

There are SO many types that you may have to try a few before you find your favorite
                            but, naturally, if you don't want to touch the stuff, more power to you!
                            Last edited by Kliffington; 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliffington View Post
                              That's why. Their motto "King of Beers" is quite laughable.
                              Maybe if you ever decide to try it again, I'd recommend finding a micro-brew, that is, a beer that is brewed and distributed in small amounts, and only in certain regions.

Why? Because they take the most care and craft in them. It's not mass produced in cheap quantities like Bud, Coors, or Miller.

They are usually more expensive because of this, but only by a few dollars, and totally worth it.
                              Ill be sure to make an exeption to my sobriety and try one sometime!
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                              X