Crazy Shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Shit!

Meteorite Crash in Russia Causes Giant Explosions, Forces Evacuation of Nearby Offices and Schools.

Apparent Meteorite Crash in Russia Causes Giant Explosions, Forces Evacuation of Nearby Offices and Schools

Wait, asteroids falling from the sky?... black president?... I've seen this shit before! RUN!!!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0UXRY_rY
      "

Comment

It is surprising that the Americans know it. happened in Chelyabinsk

Comment

Wait, asteroids falling from the sky?... black president?... I've seen this shit before! RUN!!!
          Run where?
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

That must be very, very scary! Sometimes, Mother Nature can be very cruel. (But 99.99% of the time, Mother Nature can be very kind.)
            "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I like the early warning we got too.You know dam well they did not miss charting a rock the size of a football field!
              I wonder if the bunker under the denver airport was full of the rats cowering in their hole.
              If you ever wondered if they would say anything when the big one was coming down,now you know for SURE.
              Last edited by bluntz; 02-16-2013, 08:01 PM.
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Yeah, we are apparently unable to predict the impact of smaller meteorite fragments even if we know precisely where to look.

Chilling.

Or perhaps Putin just wanted to avoid mass panic. Who knows. Sacrifice people in Chelyabinsk to keep the rest of the country quiet?
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by zoromo27 View Post
                  It is surprising that the Americans know it. happened in Chelyabinsk
                  this IS an ignorant statement.

Scientists ignore NON-total-life threatening meteors and focus on the bigger ones. This was stated by a scientist on NBC.
                  Though, if that meteor was headed to NewYork, would you tell 1 million people to run ? Total panic. Confess ignorance and your hands are clean, confess everything and you have to deal with surviors and lawsuits for creating a panic...

here's a news flash, you are all going to die, at one point in your life.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

If we have one passing that close to Earth, and we know it several weeks in advance, it wouldn't be too hard to extrapolate the potential path of accompanying smaller debris and issue a fair warning.

Where I live, pretty much every house has a cellar and every city has some bunkers. It would be very possible to tell people to stay in the cellar during the few hours it takes for the rock to pass. That's just a minor inconvenience compared to being hit by flying glass shards.

1000 injured people are quite a burden on the local health system, too.

It might not be possible to evacuate New York City, but large parts of the planet are smaller cities / rural areas that can definitely make good use of a warning especially if it comes weeks in advance.

In New York, it might be enough for people to stay in the lower floors of the houses / stay away from the windows / ducttape the windows at least.

The problem is simply not taken seriously enough. I hope that changes now.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

In Mother Russia, Space explore you.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Kaboom! Head shot!