Call trent from nin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call trent from nin

SAW THIS ON THE NIN ARMY TWITTER For a limited time, you can try this hack (using Twilio and Topspin APIs) from Music Hack Day by calling 3102998756 and pressing 2 via Mariqueen Maandig Reznor (l)

CALL AND YOU CAN GIVE TRENT A VM

Left voicemail for Trent that says this ; "Quake1 needs a new soundtrack to go with the new engines , thanks."

Opportunity came a knockin brah, had 2. Everyone do the same,and post here that you DID request a new soundtrack for Q1 to go with our new engines.

Post here telling us if you also left a message for Trent about a new soundtrack for Q1.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yeah, don't let this "opportunity" pass you up! LOL!

-"Trent! Mindz left a voicemail and it sounds urgent! Apparently Quake needs a new soundtrack to go with the new engines!"

{Trent rips open a dirty button up shirt to reveal a black spandex suit with an odd Q on his chest. His eyes narrow as he glares at the door to his personal recording studio. The epiphany settles in to every fiber of his being and he knows with all of him what he must do.}

Trent: "I just had the greatest idea. I will write a new soundtrack for Quake 1 to compliment the new engines that have been created in my honor."

{Trent contemplates to himself - Are my ideas without end? Am I chosen to power the Earth with my genius until my rock extends clean up to the gates of Heaven and even God must acknowledge my awesomeness?!}

Trent: "To the studio!"

entourage: "To the studio!"

:4 minutes later:

Trent: "We've done it! The QuakeOne community is not prepared for the 2 and a half hours of toe-curling, jaw-dropping power that I am about to unleash on them!"

non-mystified groupie: "What tha..!"

Trent: "Silence! It is not for you to understand."

non-mystified groupie: "You guys are fuckin weird! All you did was drink a beer and puke on the microphone.....Why the fuck are you wearing a homemade super hero costume!?"

Trent: "Get the nail gun!"

entourage: "The nail gun!"
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

well said.
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

wait, wait...I added a little part^^

edit: and one more..I'm done editing and adding
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Why not? Even less likely shit has happened (my quake alias "Mindzx?Mindfieldzx" was in PlanetQuake news once (I submitted news about a never-happened CQL,thanks West!)
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I picked up the phone, dialed, and then just lost my nerve completely. Wanted to ask him to release the Quake master audio track in Apple GarageBand or some other format.
              Scheiße

Comment

Originally posted by DeadTenor View Post
                I picked up the phone, dialed, and then just lost my nerve completely.
                It happens to everyone... Nobody's perfect. I would like to meet Trent in an autograph session. Maybe he could sign my T-shirt.
                "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

''My time is valuable'' Trent says...

Even if Trent Reznor does do game soundtracks again he'd probably be stuck workin' on things for whatever group of raving fans got to him first.
                  Like a freeware PC game running on donations hybridizing turn-based combat 'spells and stances' and first-person shooter 'aiming and timing'...
                  with all Furry characters including camoes of Furry-esque 'races' from other game franchises doing all the ingame action and story drama...
                  like moogles from Final Fantasy but 'anthro-ified' and dressed up in totally Goth outfits...
                  Like this:

Where you watch your characters grow up from very early beginnings (like a REALLL MMO epic) like this:

Until they get hit by chaos and have to learn to grow up real fast to mature and face the threat like this:

Until it all boils down to the final conflicts and they start even fighting each other like this:

That fucking PC game saga might deserve a soundtrack graced by the work of Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails!
                  ...and he'd be stuck workin' on their cool project instead of Quake One's cool projects...

Comment

Speaking of Trent, I would love to ask him for his opinion... What is his opinion of today's mainstream music?

I am a judgmental person, to a degree. So please forgive me. Turn on the radio... Today's music lacks substance. Today's music lacks meaning.

"I know you want me, you know I want you, I know you want mmeeeeee, you know I want ya..." (Seriously, do these musicians put any efforts into writing their lyrics?) In the media, almost everyone is brainwashed by MTV culture.

If Twiztid and Anybody Killa got radio plays, many musicians would go out of business. But then again, Twiztid and Anybody Killa don't care about the radio. They don't care about MTV either.

More records sold =/= More talent

More popularity =/= More skill

"There are people out there that are keepin' it real, with only thirteen fans and no record deals." - Pimp Daddy Welfare
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Well it was announced today that NIN is back and going to tour in 2013 and 2014 so I doubt he'll have time to redo the Quake soundtrack

Comment

I dialed, realized Quake doesn't need a new soundtrack, then hung up the phone.

*tee hee*
                        www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Originally posted by killpixel View Post
                          i dialed, realized quake doesn't need a new soundtrack, then hung up the phone.
                          x2...
                          *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X