X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Run Over Woman's Head on Beach

She's dead, of course.

http://p39.news.re2.yahoo.com/s/ap/2...nbather_killed

Two police officers patrolling the beach in an SUV on Monday ran over and killed a sunbather, authorities said.

The officers did not immediately realize they ran over the woman and continued driving ...
    I don't know why they would allow vehicles on a beach by anyone, that's disturbing.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

If they had to have a vehicle on the beach, why not a 4 wheeler or something more manageable to stroll the beach with?

But look at it like this... It was only a matter of time.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

The woman, Cindy Conolly, 49, of Sioux City, Iowa, was in town for her son's wedding
      I don't look at like that. That has to be devastating to the family. Do you think the son won't always look back at his wedding with some really horrific memories?

I bet it will all go like this:

1. The driver, a police officer, probably won't at first be prosecuted because ... you know ... he's a cop. */b***s**t

2. Then there will some media outcry. They will decide to charge the driver with involuntary manslaughter, like anyone else --- he killed someone.

3. Eventually he'll be found guilty, given a light sentence, but at least lose his job.

Carelessness that kills someone is a crime. They were being sloppy and someone died.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

What's a Berm? Is that a Sand hill or something?
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Well yes, if you want to use that side of it. Everything you stated is true. I'm mearly stating how this could have been avoided.

Personally, I'd call off the wedding. That would be too much burden to carry on myself. All holidays would blow. Yup, he's not getting married right now.

I've stated it before. To be a politician, you have to be a criminal. Judges are biased when it comes to their "law" enforcing people, the cards are always in favor of that.

Now, are all the facts there? Or is it all what the press has gathered and you are making an assumption based on that?

I'd like to be in the courtroom when this goes on just to hear the how this supposedly took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Net-Tyme
            What's a Berm? Is that a Sand hill or something?

Good question. I automatically thought it was a type of sand bar.

Here:

Comment

If vehicles are allowed on the beach, then sunbathers are just like people laying in the middle of the road.

While it's a loss, I dont blame the police officers, as the beaches were apparently vehicle-friendly. And they were also trying to help a (supposedly) distressed swimmer, and like any other police activity, if a casualty results, it can be usually chalked up to them being in the way. Police dont try and hit people, it just happens.
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Shit happens. It's nowhere as tragic as a mutual friend getting run over by a bus on his graduation day (Handsworth).

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                  If vehicles are allowed on the beach, then sunbathers are just like people laying in the middle of the road.

Police dont try and hit people, it just happens.
                  Correct. There isn't enough information on this story. If the police are able to drive on the beach then is it safe to say that only the police are the only ones to drive on it? When they were going to rescue someone, did they have or even use a horn/siren to inform people they were coming? I'm thinking that this is an emergency vehicle?

Too many questions.

Comment

I could just see it now.. This woman layed down on a Auto path.. I knew it. I would pick a path over the sand any day? Sorry.. I can't imagine anyone laying on a clear auto path. Sounds to me like they cut through an area with a 4 wheel SUV? Now.. I have to go look this crap up.. grrrrrrrr. Who lives out there?
                    www.Net-Tyme.com
                    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Working...
                    X