Hackers use Adobe Flaw...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers use Adobe Flaw...

Technology News: Hacking: MiniDuke Hackers Use Adobe Flaw to Zero In on Euro Governments

Hackers can really scare me! No, I'm serious. So this is a new approach to spying on governments and institutions... Democracy is being threatened. What do you think of this issue?
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
    Technology News: Hacking: MiniDuke Hackers Use Adobe Flaw to Zero In on Euro Governments

Hackers can really scare me! No, I'm serious. So this is a new approach to spying on governments and institutions... Democracy is being threatened. What do you think of this issue?
    Yesterday it was Java.
    Today its Adobe.
    Tomorrow its ????

SSDD
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      Tomorrow its ????
      Drones... They're coming to your homes! Looking in your windows! Run Away! Run Away!
      *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dilligaf View Post
        Drones... They're coming to your homes! Looking in your windows! Run Away! Run Away!
        Doubt it
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Governments suck. Democracy is already in decline.

If its not the government wiretapping even their own citizens (as if it were ever okay to wiretap other countries citizens...), its the media hacking into various people's voicemail (yay UK).

Why stick to morality when you believe others are not, and when those others also claim to have a higher level of morality to you.

On the plus, such 'democratic' nations can't use that evidence in court without the judge laughing at them, doesn't mean they won't try, of course, but its still easier to know where to look if you know what you're looking for. Yay (ps: try to never ever break the law, even the obscure ones that noone can remember, and definitely avoid ever downloading any music tracks - downloading one of those gives a longer sentance than murder, if the right people are tipped off).

The great thing about hacks is that you can't really tell if its a government carrying it out, a company, or even just an individual from some other country using a rented proxy, or a hacked botnet node.
          The easiest way to tell if someone's a government agent is to report them for sharing files lots. If they refuse your subpoena then its the government. If they get locked up then they were probably unknowingly part of a botnet. If you find who it is and noone is locked up then its a company responsible for it. Easy.
          However, this only works on ips registered in certain nations - ones that I really would not want to live in if only this trick is considered.

Still, if everyone has weapons, at least you'll be able to attack back.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
            Why stick to morality when you believe others are not, and when those others also claim to have a higher level of morality to you.
            Integrity, faith & hope. Also I know right from wrong.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Phenom, its not the citizens I'd worry about, but rather the crazy people with all the power (in any nation or organisation), but then I'm quite cynical in general anyway.
              Also, interesting semi-related article - Why Americans Are the Weirdest People in the World

@Mindz
              'Tomorrow its ????'
              Java again, apparently: New Java 0-Day Vulnerability Being Exploited In the Wild - Slashdot
              Some Game Thing

Comment

Spike: thanks for the link to the PS article. Good reading.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

oh my... I like java but DAMN GUYS. Y U NO EXPLOIT PROOF BY NOW. SAME VERSION TOO???

I avoided updating my Java prior to installing Win7 64 because of fn version Java v1.6 Update 41 (I had version 1.5)

So according to them they said "please install this ,please oh please this fixes a bad security hole we found in the old version, please get Java v1.7 Update 15

Java v1.7 Update 15 installed, the latest versions of Oracle's plugin = also fuq'd.

?uninstall Java immediately?

Comment

I've heard about adobe flash being a problem in the past with the upnp attacks, and also have heard about infected pdf files, but the thing I admire about hackers is that they are determined to find out if and what the governments have to hide, and make the information public.. Which if someone feels compelled to know the content of any information hackers obtain will travel over to pastebin,torrent places, or wherever they are known for posting their findings.. I also believe it can be damaging and wonder why any computer holding sensitive information would ever be hooked up to the internet in the first place.

Comment

i guess its due to the growing convenience of technology and software; and the hackers are not the scariest ones, to me it is the people responsible for holding any information that we provide and believe to be secure and safe from anyone's view, or even worse having our information sold or freely given away without our knowledge or permission. These daily problems of the internet especially social networks are bothersome.

Comment

Random chance of losing all freedom and being tortured

Let's not forget the fact that for U.S. people Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, torture facilities are still a threat.
                        Anyone on US soil can so totally be sent there at any time for stuff they may not even know why they got sent there for it... and then tortured for military intelligence... that they may or may not have... like even on the off chance they know anything... and then kept prisoner and then tortued again repeatedly all still without 'due process' of any sort...

Several years ago there was what was called 'Terrorist Watches'. A bunch of just plain digital wrist watches were sold and exported, I guess over the Internet mostly, that happened to be shipped in bulk from some 'terrorist supporting country'... Every single person who just happened to buy one of them was found and captured and sent to Guantanamo Bay to be tortured for 'terrorist intel' or whatever the hell else.
                        I don't think it's YET gotten to the point where it's oppressive in nature, where the US will send its own citizens to the 'G'day Torture Bay' solely for speaking out against the US Gov't on this or any other issue, though as soon as the very first person is sent to Guantanamo Bay for 'enhanced interrogation' solely for speaking out against governmental practice I'm sure there will be uproar across the nation.

It was bad enough that there is a random chance for every single human individual of getting Cancer before old age, and a smaller one of that if you do get Cancer before old age that it will be Terminal, but now we have to face another random chance threat of being sent to be tortured (again, no due process, cannot stress that enough) for stuff you may not even know prior would have had anything to do with being sent there.
                        Your best bet to avoid being sent to the Guantanamo Bay facilities are just to be more educated and manage your risks to lower the odds as much as possible.

We know from 'carcinocens' that you can lower your odds of getting cancer by getting out of the house enough, eating enough of real cooked food (as opposed to junk food), and being sexually healthy (including regularly having sex... sex is healthy despite its myriad of health risks)... though you can never drop those odds all the way to zero.
                        It's not really diffefent for the 'Guantanamo Bay for U.S. citizens themselves' issue either. I'm not sure what the factors are you can reduce there, you tell me, and do your own research... though you can never reduce your odds all the way to zero there either.

It's never really a 'safe time to be alive' at any point in human history... When it wasn't Ancient Roman Empires with thier overpunishment via Crucifixion kept 'in reserve' for 'crimes against the State'... and when it wasn't Medieval Torture for Heresy during the Dark Ages... then it was Witch Hunts for 'Commies and Anarchists' in the 1940's.
                        Now it seems the biggest threat for US people themselves who aren't even enemy combatants or even really have issue, either supporting or opposing, with US government stuff itself... and unfortunately to some extent probably for citizens in other 'Western' nations as well... is a for all intents and purposes random chance of being sent off for Extraordinary Rendition.
                        Last edited by H1CC; 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM. Reason: mis-typed Title first time...

Comment

Get your tin-foil hats here!!!!

Comment

Java, Flash etc are being targeted because they're so widely used. It's the same reason Mac and Linux "don't" have viruses, nobody uses those compared to the number of Windows users.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X