Chef quits South Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chef quits South Park

" Isaac Hayes has quit "South Park," where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on religion.

Hayes, who has played the ladies' man/school cook in the animated Comedy Central satire since 1997, said in a statement Monday that he feels a line has been crossed."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187756,00.html
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

South Park is stupid. My parents would never let me watch it anyway.

Comment

It has it's moments and sometimes it is stupid.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

South Park is a show that I continually claim hate for, but always end up watching it anyway. South Park does indeed have it's good moments, some actually fantastic moments, but the great majority of the show is, like one of it's characters, a piece of shit. Chef probably wont be missed, he hasnt made any major appearance for a long time...
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

I stopped watching that show some time ago, it got old after awhile. All it did was blow things out of proportion, some of it was funny but most of it was lacking comedic value.

Comment

Sometimes there is too much "message" in the episodes. Everyone once in a while you see a good one. It's so hard to find good entertainment anymore, even most of the movies in 2005 sucked.

I use tv.yahoo.com to check listings and there is never anything good on; I've almost entirely given up, heh. :d :d

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
              Sometimes there is too much "message" in the episodes. Everyone once in a while you see a good one. It's so hard to find good entertainment anymore, even most of the movies in 2005 sucked.

I use tv.yahoo.com to check listings and there is never anything good on; I've almost entirely given up, heh. :d :d
              I got rid of my TV.

Comment

I would like to cancel my cable, but just the TV part ... not the internet part :d :d

Comment

I NEVER watch TV, it sucks now. All they ever play on the cartoon channels is the same dumb shit over and over again. They kicked off all of the good shows of the past to make way for stupid ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                    I NEVER watch TV, it sucks now. All they ever play on the cartoon channels is the same dumb shit over and over again. They kicked off all of the good shows of the past to make way for stupid ones.
                    Much like how many people don't remember Quake? Because CS is so popular?

It's inevitable, that's why I watch VH1.

Comment

how can somebody say that South Park sucks or that South Park crossed the line? by god.. if i'd knew better i'd say you're all a bunch of scientologists or tree hugging hippies

PS: my not-so-politically-correct avatar was picked before stumbling upon this.. really!

Edit: by the way.. have you read the link?

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.
                      this dude apparently believes in aliens from Mars coming to Earth in Douglas DC-8s FFS!
                      Last edited by Aquashark; 03-17-2006, 07:49 AM.
                      one quake to rule them all.

Comment

IMO, it is mostly just complete stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquashark
                          my not-so-politically-correct avatar was picked before stumbling upon this.. really!
                          Politically incorrect avatars rule!

I like South Park, the scientologists episode was funny and so was the Terry Schivao coma episode with the golden PSP.

However, it seems like every episode has to have a message anymore and they lay it on a little too thick in some of them.

Needless to say, like someone else in this thread said, I complain and then still watch it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                            Politically incorrect avatars rule!

I like South Park, the scientologists episode was funny and so was the Terry Schivao coma episode with the golden PSP.

However, it seems like every episode has to have a message anymore and they lay it on a little too thick in some of them.

Needless to say, like someone else in this thread said, I complain and then still watch it anyway
                            Would you be referring to me? (I actually watched it last night without even thinking about it...)

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                              Would you be referring to me? (I actually watched it last night without even thinking about it...)
                              Yep. I had like 12 threads open and couldn't remember which one was what so I just decided to fake it because I couldn't remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X