looking to buy a new laptop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy a new laptop.

Heres the deal. Im out of shape on specs and what things mean now.days like i3 i5 i7 is all jibberish to me.. im lookin to purchase a reasonable gaming laptop or something good enough to handle GTA 4.. if anyone knows of a laptop thats got a good graphics card of 1gb or better with a fast processor and atleast 6gb or more of ram 500gb hard drove for under $1,000 including tax and shipping please let me know.. i cant seem to find anything.. thanks

I got a super portable gaming computer with specs you are looking and it was about 1k at the time (+2 years).

So you will find something great by now no problem... but best would be to get a 2nd hand or a demo from a store for best pricing.

GL Biatch!

Comment

Maybe build apc, i7 is overkill for quake 1 , I prefer agp 8x or lga 775

Comment

Also xp pro sp3 is the next best thing after win98 or 2000

Comment

M Sata hard drives have been pretty solid , I have western digital or seagate, 9500 gt and a 440 GeForce , sometimes a 4600 radon ,

Comment

For 1000 I could build around 3 pcs depending on parts,pc easier to fix or add parts

Comment

Im flexible on the money.. im just not interested in buying an all out expensive laptop just to play QUAKE and GRAND THEFT AUTO 4.. also 5 is coming out for PC soon... i visited that Xotic site and they seem to be the best priced for laptops.. i would build a new desktop if i was home more often but im looking to take the laptop with me on the road until i find a local gig to get me home daily then my vap on money would be endless for building the grand ole pc i really want.. thanks to all for input and stick to the laptop as this is what im lookin for..

Comment

MSI GX Series GX60 1AC-021US Notebook AMD A-Series A10-4600M&#40;2.30GHz&#41; 15.6&#34; 8GB Memory DDR3 1600 750GB HDD 7200rpm BD-ROM AMD Radeon HD 7970M - Newegg.com <- fast as shit but small screen. current generation gpu performance from AMD

Best Laptops & Notebooks - Newegg.com <- wow, going nvidia current generation gpu performance is expensive as fok.

Though, the bigger 17" screen would be nicer for gaming.
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

also ,

Quake<-this is the biggest gap in cpu/gpu needed requirements I've ever witnessed->GTA IV

lol, just make sure whatever you buy has one of these GPU's http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compari...rds.130.0.html
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - NotebookCheck.net Tech

ps : don't listen to powerzord, he'll have you running some 3DFX ancient ass VooDoo shit + a 1st gen Athlon dual core with 512mb DDR2 and Win XP No Service Pack

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - NotebookCheck.net Tech

ps : don't listen to powerzord, he'll have you running some 3DFX ancient ass VooDoo shit + a 1st gen Athlon dual core with 512mb DDR2 and Win XP No Service Pack

lol
                      ^ ^ ^ ^

hehe wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Mom View Post
                        ^ ^ ^ ^

hehe wtf
                        Powerzord "swears by" old hardware.

Old Hardware > New Hardware, according PZ....

Comment

gta 4? good luck.
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Yeah PZ FAILS at the techie stuff, never listen to his advice... EVER!
                            Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Thursday i will be having Uverse installed.. 24mbps down 3mbps up.. cant wait!!! Got a local job checking me out (application) so hopefully ill be back home every night if they hire me.. over the road is getting old even as a business owner.. money is fantastic... but time to come home.locally.

Comment

Working...
                              X