My friend's Quake themed doom 2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's Quake themed doom 2 project

just thought since this is a quake board people might be interested in my friend's quake themed project for doom 2.

I just played through it, the second map is pretty creepy and reminds me of Castle of the Damned. My friend also beat me to XRII haha. The intermission does work better for doom as was suggested in my intermission thread but the level themes are so creepy I think they could work for both.

I used Zdoom to play it and apparently that's what it requires. It's dark and quakeish

http://www.filedropper.com/fdem_1

my friend let me know it would be ok if I spread it around.

maybe provide a SS?
    ok i have skulltag and zdoom, so how to use the wad?
    Last edited by R00k; 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

that's the annoying way to post images. use this next time

Code:
      [img]path/to/image.png[/img]
      ____

I coded them all out so nobody has to click through each one.

http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

hmm that game doesnt even look worth playing.

Ya know when, there is a time in every mans life, you Just gotta say.. "Hmm, i really need someone else to play with my penis!"
        meaning, time to grow up. get a girlfriend, get out of the closet. if ur playing doom ur still playing ride the pony on grand-pas lap.

hate to hate doom but really?? doom wasnt even as indepth as super mario brothers. but then none of id's games were anything more than a jc-tech demo

Woot post number 4,420!
        Last edited by R00k; 04-05-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          Woot post number 4,420!

Woot!
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            hmm that game doesnt even look worth playing.

Ya know when, there is a time in every mans life, you Just gotta say.. "Hmm, i really need someone else to play with my penis!"
            meaning, time to grow up. get a girlfriend, get out of the closet. if ur playing doom ur still playing ride the pony on grand-pas lap.

hate to hate doom but really?? doom wasnt even as indepth as super mario brothers. but then none of id's games were anything more than a jc-tech demo

Woot post number 4,420!
            With that logic couldn't you say the same about quake?
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
              With that logic couldn't you say the same about quake?
              you blaspheme aginst quake!!??
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

ok i take it back, it does look kinda cool. I was drunk on that last post.
                zDoom is cool too since u can jump

Comment

Wow, that has to be one of the weirdest comments about DOOM i have ever seen. without doom, quake wouldn't even exist!

in any case, my friend got way too busy with all of her work stuff so i'm taking over the project for her. she still pays close attention to what i'm doing and i don't mind but i replaced the first three maps with ones of my own designs. they carry similar themes however.

Comment

What about without Wolf3D, Doom wouldn't even exist

I have some version of Doom laying around somewhere, maybe worth a look when you're finished.

Keep at it,
                    - damage_
                    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

true if wolf 3d didn't exist neither would doom. actually there might be a huge chain here.

and thanks. i will keep you guys updated if you want. it might even help inspire my quake maps in the future

Comment

Hey, let's not forget that if Al Gore didn't invent the internet, there would be no such thing as online multiplayer. We could actually just go all the way back and thank Benjamin Franklin for discovering electricity.

note: I know Al Gore did not invent the internet, but he seems to really believe he did
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                          Hey, let's not forget that if Al Gore didn't invent the internet, there would be no such thing as online multiplayer. We could actually just go all the way back and thank Benjamin Franklin for discovering electricity.

note: I know Al Gore did not invent the internet, but he seems to really believe he did
                          Hunter mode is BOSS

Although it makes a great story, Ben Franklin didn't actually discover electricity by attaching a key to a kite during a thunderstorm in 1752. In reality, electricity had already been discovered years before.
                          Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

he invented the lighting ROD.
                            My Avatars!
                            Quake Leagues
                            Quake 1.5!!!
                            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
                            X