Funny India Tech Support Cartoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny India Tech Support Cartoon

I've called tech support for places that it was in India, and to be honest all of them tried really hard. But it was often hard for them to understand me and for me to understand them so it was annoying usually.

They always say "Thank for calling Dell|LinkSys|Microsoft|<insert company>, this is Dave how can I help you."

But "Dave" is never his real name.

Btw ... one company that I know does their Tech Support in the US is Apple for Macs and iPods.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I've called technical support several times, and all of the folks I got were very helpful. Having a background in voice acting, I often sync with their voice making it a bit easier for both of us : D (Trying to immitate American accents is one of the hardest for non-native speakers)
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

That's true, for sure (the accent thing).

One problem is that with tech support, the conversations are always incredibly technical and it can be difficult to clearly explain what you need.

One time I called Linksys and wanted to lock down my wireless router without using encryption (encryption = slow + sucky in experience, and my internet traffic wouldn't interest anyone).

I had a hard time communicating what I wanted, but after 10 excruciating minutes I got what I needed (you can lock down wireless access via the NIC card ID so neighbors aren't stealing your wireless ... not that I really care -- I've used theirs before on accident and "on accident", but I wasn't getting the right download speeds for my router and wanted to end any accidental connections to mine.)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've only called tech support once in recent memory. Internet was completely undetected by my computer, even after reformatting. It wasn't a foreign tech support guy, but they weren't too knowledgeable, and after 20 minutes couldn't help. Soon after I hung up I fixed it myself by complete accident -- it was a WinXP bug :p and I was more or less randomly clicking things..

Comment

The one thing I hate about Tech Support for Large Corporations is that they consist of levels. The low level is what everyone goes through, having to talk to someone who knows what to say because they have a binder full of answers to provide for each situation. If the problem can't be solved, you have the 'chance' to moving up a level to someone who knows more about the product. Depending on how many levels there are, this could keep going. It's really hard to get to the 3rd level.

I also waisted a free tech support call to Macintosh reguarding iTunes. I thought their tech-support was awesome. They sure proved me wrong

Comment

my brother ordered a cheap dell and he tried to get me my ultimate gaming system from dell for like $4000 lolololol

i said "i can build something better for half the cost"

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
            It's really hard to get to the 3rd level.
            i cant find the red key on level 2?!?!?!

Comment

Look behind the barrel on E1M4.
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

I am tech support for a university. Me and 3 other people for 13,000 students =)

I have many stories...

We dont have a binder of answers, though we do have a whiteboard regarding certain ports, and printouts on how to setup their connection with the school network, etc....

Nonetheless, we still get calls like "my computer ran outta internet"

Actually one of the employees uses a fake accent when hes on the phone... He is plain whitebread American, unless hes on the phone.
                Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Yeah, WTF is up with that? I've called DELL like 3 times and all 3 times I got some foreign guy. One sounded chinese, the other 2 sounded indian... weird.

Comment

http://www.callcentermovie.com/
                    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Nice find spirit!

Oh and on the subject of outsourcing... on average I have gotten more help from the foreign people than the supposedly native (wrong word probably) people.

Comment

Working...
                      X