• Show
Clear All

• Best Free Email Poll

I've used the following free email accounts in the past (web mail):

1. Hotmail (Microsoft)
    2. Yahoo
    3. Netscape
    4. Gmail (Google's email)

Hotmail always worked well, but one day that deleted all my old sent/inbox messages during an upgrade or something and I wasn't happy about that. They also would cancel your email account if you forgot to log-in during a 30 day period. I had a cool and rare Hotmail handle and had to re-register for it twice in 6 years due to that and eventually I just gave up on Hotmail. It was nice and reliable, but that was annoying.

Yahoo ... has always had some killer email. Works great, it can even import POP email to check POP email when not at home. (POP is one of the "download to computer" email protocols).

Gmail ... huge mailbox and it's excellent. Only thing I don't like about it, is since I use FireFox I'm used to pressing my middle button and opening in a new Window, and Gmail uses some sort of Javascript and that doesn't work.

Netscape.Net, another free email provider. It works well and has a reasonably large mail box. But the page is slow as hell, just like anything else made by the company that gave us AOL. It's not bad otherwise, but the super slow page thing is enough to be annoying.

I like Yahoo's the best except @yahoo.com isn't as cool as being @gmail.com
    Gmail (Google's email)
    60.00%
    Hotmail
    10.00%
    Netscape.net
    0.00%
    Yahoo
    20.00%
    Something else
    10.00%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Originally posted by Baker
    I like Yahoo's the best except @yahoo.com isn't as cool as being @gmail.com
    so true

Comment

Gmail ... huge mailbox and it's excellent. Only thing I don't like about it, is since I use FireFox I'm used to pressing my middle button and opening in a new Window, and Gmail uses some sort of Javascript and that doesn't work.
      Actually, it's using one of the "Web 2.0" technologies called Ajax (Asynchronous Javascript and XML)
      16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
      16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by Lardarse
        Actually, it's using one of the "Web 2.0" technologies called Ajax (Asynchronous Javascript and XML)
        Heheh, sometimes I play dumb. :d
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

And the new version of this vBulletin forum will feature more and more Ajax in it's newer version, which looks exciting.

I've used hotmail in the past and never liked it one bit. Don't know why.. just never liked it. Yahoo is nice and I have no complaints about their service. Gmail on the other hand is the best I've used. I love the Ajax format Google uses which allows all the stuff to load without having to reload pages everytime you click on a message or folder. It's fast, simple, and easy to use. Plus there are no horrendous advertisements all over the place, just the textual ads on the right column.

Comment

I use - dcemail dot com

only 25mb and after 30 days your messages will be deleted.
            "

Comment

I have Gmail and Yahoo accounts. I do prefer Yahoo for its organization, and they both have a gig of space... so yeah, the only downside to yahoo is the @yahoo.com doesnt look as cool, but I guess if I wanted to look cool Id use @circa1984.com
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

IMO This is how I rank the email services I use.

#1. @GMail
                #2. @Hotmail
                #3. @Yahoo
                #5. @Cannabis.net
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
                  IMO This is how I rank the email services I use.

#1. @GMail
                  #2. @Hotmail
                  #3. @Yahoo
                  #5. @Cannabis.net
                  Hehe, you don't have a #4.

Comment

I'm the 11.11% that voted for Hotmail, only because it's what I've had ever since I got this computer. I've only had one e-mail account and it's been with Hotmail.

Comment

I've never used any of those but Yahoo. But now that I have cable, I use roadrunner's e-mail. With outlook express. Web page e-mail thingies suck. Get a good program with lots of features.

Comment

Hehe, you don't have a #4.
                        4's not important.

Comment

Hotmail is the balls. I logged in today and got this hip ad on the page:

Contacts Builder � Update your address book fast and easy
                          Is your address book looking a bit outdated? Quickly update your address book by using the Contacts builder tool.

- Recently met some new friends at a comic book convention and are receiving e-mails to share your super powers?
                          - Scan your e-mail for all those new addresses and keep your new super hero friends a couple of clicks away.

I am compelled!

btw I'm serious, go look you'll probably see it too :p

Comment

I love my email account that came with my webhosting. Not only is the size unlimited (I think) but also I can use whatever prefix I want (such as [email protected]).
                            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X