Quake confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake confessions

Inspired in an original inside3d thread (that is inspired in a doom site) I put this quake confessions thread here.

- I never finished nehahra or travail
    - I have 30 gb of maps and quake 1 stuff in my hd , but i never play multiplayer
    - I get the mission packs from warez sites (not piracy apology with this, piracy is the worst thing in the world )
    - I do not know how to use the cheat "give" in quake
    - I ussualy use impulse 255 cheat
    - I do not like Malice
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

imho: This is the dumbest plot in fps history!
    The Story
    QUAKE

Background:
    You get the phone call at 4 a.m. By 5:30
    you're in the secret installation. The
    commander explains tersely, "It's about the Slipgate
    device. Once we perfect these, we'll be able
    to use them to transport people and car
    go from one place to another instantly.
    Ok what?! So atm u CANT teleport people?! What a Quake CAR?!

"An enemy codenamed Quake, is using his own sli
    pgates to insert death squads inside our
    bases
    to kill, steal, and kidnap.
    "The hell of it is we have no idea where he's from
    . Our top scientists think Quake's not from
    Earth, but another dimension. They say Quake's
    preparing to unleash his real army, whatever
    that is
    So quake isnt from China, stealing our tech?!?!
    If our teleporters arent perfected then how is "quake" teleporting to our base?!!
    "You're our best man. This is Operation Count
    erstrike and you're in charge. Find Quake, and
    stop him ... or it ... You have full authority to
    requisition anything you need. If the eggheads are
    right, all our lives are expendable."
    Ok im in charge i need a troop of topless combat girls.
    If "our" lives are expendable why am i wasting my time looking for quake?
    I'll just chill at base with the babes...
    Prelude to Destruction:
    While scouting the neighborhood, you
    hear shots back at the base.
    Neighborhood?! Wtf im 10yrs old again? I'm just over at the swing sets and i hear my doorbell ring...
    Damn, that Quake bastard works fast! He hear
    d about Operation Counterstrike, and hit first.
    WTF? this wouldnt hold up in court!
    Racing back, you see the place is overrun. You ar
    e almost certainly the only survivor. Operation
    Counterstrike is over. Except for you.
    looks like im the boss now, bring back the bitches!
    You know that the heart of the installation holds a
    slipgate. Since Quake's
    killers came through, it
    is still set to his dimension. You can use it to
    get loose in his hometown. Maybe you can get to
    the asshole personally. You pump a r
    ound into your shotgun, and get moving
    So im the only survivor and my base has a teleporter but only 1 round and 1 shotgun!
    Great sure lets jump into a "non perfected for human/car teleporter" into an unknown dimension, against all odds with a shotgun, for no other reason but revenge!
    or we could just destroy the slipgate on our end and game over...
    I never played the whole game thru... though i have killed the shub!
    Last edited by R00k; 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

-I never finished nehahra or travail either

-I still got a whole bunch of maps to play which i downloaded but never bothered to give a try,
      or stopped playing cuz i got killed to often and rage-quit

-I do actually like quake2 and quake4! you mad?

-I did buy quake+missionpacks from steam. however my copies of doom, doom2 + TNT & plutonia, heretic&hexen + heretic&hexen2 i only used to own illegally downloaded versions from untill a year ago when they were on sale on steam
      never intended to be mean to ID or such, i just never managed to get my hands on those untill they were on steam

-I actually didnt even know there was a quake1 untill a lil bit before i registered here.
      i knew there was quake2 and Q3arena but i never even thought about looking into quake1
      before untill i saw the whole quake series for sale on steam and bought them.
      boy oh boy did i feel stupid for never having even looked up on the greatest game of all time

-In all honesty, I do kinda suck at deathmatch and such. however this also has to do with the fact it just never really interested me that much. I enjoy it way more to play coop

-am to lazy to think of more, but will post more if she comes up with anything else
      Last edited by talisa; 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

- I dont care about Quake (as a game, modding is another story)

- I've thought this game is retarded for about 10 years

- If this site fully converted to Strawberry Shortcake the game, I would still come here and participate just as much (unless no one else did)

- I think FTE > Darkplaces and if I ever completed a mod/game it would be FTE specific.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

- I hate free for all deathmatch. I especially don't like the overly super competitive egos and the trash talk. I don't have the time to play -= insert name of game =- to get good enough that I can hold my own against someone who plays a game more than the average. I am a little more lax on this stance in regards to team deathmatch, especially with friends.

- I love cooperative gameplay. I love working with people in a common cause rather than against them. I love Quake coop.

- I am a casual gamer who likes the underground game scene (misnomer...?)

- I like RPGs, but don't like the epic scale of the stories because I play games in short week long burst, and then shelve them for 4 months, come back, and forgot why I was doing something in the game.

- I used to play Quake over an AOL dialup connection (hangs head in shame).
          then I discovered T.E.N., and all was good.

Comment

i was not allowed to play it as a kid and i would play it when my parents were gone i got the game from disk a friend made for me cose i wasent allowed to have the internet ether

i only played share ware quake tell about a year ago.

sometimes i cant read the messages fast eunf that pop on the screen during the game cose of my horrible dyslexia

i have not finished mp2 and only finished mp1 in the last year after with some quake one help i got it going on my wii

i have a total of 5 dm kills cose eveytime i try to log on to play i have a ping of around 200-300 and i dont know why

the first time i used a pak3 file was a few mo ago after seeing a youtube video and saying dam i need to play quake like this! sadly my computer sucks and i cant play it quite like the youtube vids.

my first quake mod was a few mo ago useing my friends facebook pic and cutting and pasting it on to an orge using a how to from like 98

for my birthday i got a usb bluetooth adapter just to use my wiimote on my computer to play quake

today i got a vga to rca box to play it on my tv sadly the pic distorts bad on my projection tv but to night i will try to hook it up to my cheep video projector and see how it looks it make a 10ft tall screen!

@nahuel i watched your mod video lastnight again any new updates? i wanna play it!!!!

Comment

i torrented q1+expansions.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

^It's Quake confessions...not FBI ones. shhh
                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I've had an off-again on-again love hate relationship with the game, I have "retired" several times and come back, I have deleted the game from my desktop at least 30+ times for long stretches, only to download it again and play.

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                    Inspired in an original inside3d thread (that is inspired in a doom site) I put this quake confessions thread here.

- I have 30 gb of maps and quake 1 stuff in my hd , but i never play multiplayer
                    - I get the mission packs from warez sites (not piracy apology with this, piracy is the worst thing in the world )
                    - I ussualy use impulse 255 cheat
                    - I do not like Malice
                    - Whats a Malice?
                    - I never even played Nehahra,when it came out my PC sucked and couldn't run it.
                    - I've never played a Mission Pack,either one.
                    - I was gifted Q1 for an early christmas ,my parents purchased it for me. CD's are the shittiest storage medium ever invented,and their lifespans are only as good as how much usage it recieves.I know they paid for it,disc broke and I threw it away. ID got their fn money way back when,they can eat it if they think they deserve it a 2nd time. The original packaging it came with was a shitty cardboard casing which garunteed it was end up a dead disc,because I kept my disc in its original casing with booklet. Poor choice on my part AND theirs.
                    -give command is useful for obtaining 9999999 health.
                    -I haven't bothered to play SinglePlayer Q1 in years and years. Multiplayer Coop does not count as singleplayer. I can not understand why anyone bothers to play singleplayer, I think they should save that for Solitaire and atleast play at rage.quakeone.com:26003 playing RQuake Coop.The is a huge challenge increase, and you can even play the original ID1 maps somehow.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

My confession? I'm the worst player Quake has ever seen. What little skill i have i owe to Frenzy, Rook, Preacher, Demonix, and Baron. Without them, I'd still be using q95, aiming with keys and calling everyone a bot.

Comment

malice (released in 1997)
                        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1OCZHi-y8I]Malice for Quake - 02 - The Lab [Secret Found] - YouTube[/ame]

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                          @nahuel i watched your mod video lastnight again any new updates? i wanna play it!!!!
                          I will upload a beta with just an incomplete map that shows the new features some day i need to finished another works in darkplaces and i really busy with my "real life" ocupations

syluxman2803

Comment

I'M very probably Q -Mark [0!0]

Comment

Concerning the first post
                              Well, neither did I....

I have about 15. You're twice as good a fan as I am...

I got EVERYTHING I have from here or torrents... Even the original Quake CD image... Official Quake was never sold in my country.

Me too, impulse 9 is all use (if I do use cheats...), probably also god, notarget and noclip... but these are mostly for testing my maps...

- I do not like Malice
                              Personally I regard Malice as a totally different game, whose creators were too lazy to write an engine of their own! (I'm not blackmailing anybody, but it's at least unprofesional to "forget to put the parachute in the d8 map")

And a couple of my own confessions...

- I have played the last level (a.k.a. I defeated Shub Niggurath...) but have NEVER played Quake from bginning to end. Actually I started playing with saving and loading only last Monday, to have it played at least now, in 2013.. SHAME ON ME FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!
                              - I have never ever played the official mission packs (SoA & DoE)
                              - I have played nothing out of my 15 GB of Quake stuff
                              - I HAVE played Quake II from beginning to end (last october, actually...), but still not the official mission packs...
                              - I think that Shrak is also a totally different game...
                              - I've never played multiplayer, since the internet bacame largely available in my country only recently and I prefer Sp more
                              - As a result of above I've never played Quake III, though I have about 11 GB of Quake III related stuff...
                              - I may have others sins towards Quake, but this is as much as I remember now....
                              MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

Working...
                              X