3wave ctf too...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3wave ctf too...?

Some old skool 3wavers have stated that they're unsatisfied with pub ctf, and want to see some 3wave games. The idea behind PUT CTF Night (Thursday) is to promote pub ctf on quake.intertex.net.

For there to be action in quake 1 ctf at all, there needs to be a healthy pub server. Until 6 months ago, there was a game on trinicom almost 24/7. Yeah the mod sucked, but it kept ctf going, and there were a lot more games of 3wave because of it.

It would be nice if there were enough players for there to be games on both intertex and crctf.clanhdz.com on Thursday nights, but at the moment there are about 10-12 people at a time on intertex for pub ctf night, so we would need more players.

Would you 3wave players be willing to promote 3wave ctf on crctf.clanhdz.com on Thursdays? Tell old players, people on irc, etc about it? The idea is to suggest that everyoen try to play on Thursday nights, rather than random small games whenever.

Helping them get setup with qrack and woods ctf retextured may help to get them interested.
    uakene.com

too much bullshit...too long to get games going. too many egos.

Comment

hmmm...

I think that we should just stick to one thing at a time...

It is already hard enough to get a lot of people on one server, let alone two.

So we should just try to promote one thing, being PUB CTF, since that is an easy setup for most people. They just need to have quake, no extra paks or anything.

Maybe a way to promote 3wave, is to have a tournament of all the pub ctf players. (thats really what 3wave was made for, tournament style matches.) But lets worry about that later... and see if we can even make pub ctf night successful.

Comment

Helping them get setup with qrack and woods ctf retextured may help to get them interested.
        I dont think old players would be interested in such, if the gameplay is there, they will be there.

It is already hard enough to get a lot of people on one server, let alone two.
        True, my attendance on servers is based around school, namely when theres enough people not online that my ping is decent.

So we should just try to promote one thing, being PUB CTF, since that is an easy setup for most people. They just need to have quake, no extra paks or anything.
        It is an easy setup, but it does get complicated with the advertising of things like the Qrack pack or whatnot. Stick with GLPro or Darkplaces for higher end machines, which looks good but is tasteful and is just a binary, it doesnt require any new paks.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
          I dont think old players would be interested in such, if the gameplay is there, they will be there.
          Old players are in fact interested, as I have helped several of them get setup with Qrack, and they say things such as "wow how long has this been available!? why have I been wasting my time playing quake3??"

Originally posted by scar3crow
          It is an easy setup, but it does get complicated with the advertising of things like the Qrack pack or whatnot. Stick with GLPro or Darkplaces for higher end machines, which looks good but is tasteful and is just a binary, it doesnt require any new paks.
          Qrack doesn't require the pak file, it's optional for people who would like to replace the old textures, models, etc with newer ones. If you want to promote darkplaces WRITE A GUIDE for it. Personnaly, Qrack does what I want a quake client to do, fix problems with original quake, add missing useful features, and support custom graphics and effects. If you like darkplaces, great, use that. If you want to debate client issues further, please start a thread for it in the clients forum, this thread is about 3wave ctf.
          uakene.com

Comment

Working...
          X