Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id maps with 3wave CTF ents?

id maps with 3wave CTF ents?

Is there a place to download the CTF versions of the id maps.

There was something called CTFbot+ at one time that came with its own compiler that let u set the flags in the map and the waypoints and let u reconfig it.

As to if someone posted the maps with all waypoints and flag points set, for download for all of id's 4 realms no clue. (i'm doubting it).

But that thing let u do it yourself.

I just donno of the link for it anymore. Sorry. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
      There was something called CTFbot+ at one time that came with its own compiler that let u set the flags in the map and the waypoints and let u reconfig it.

As to if someone posted the maps with all waypoints and flag points set, for download for all of id's 4 realms no clue. (i'm doubting it).

But that thing let u do it yourself.

I just donno of the link for it anymore. Sorry. Good luck.
      Ive never heard of threewave having support for the ID maps either. Although I do remember ctfbot. It was fun. I just didnt like being stuck only playing the threewave maps though.

Found a link to the ctfbot site. Hasnt been updated in awhile. But its still there. The last release had a launcher also. It has support for all the id maps. Its not threewave but its something.

Update! The ctfbot configuration tool is what you want. As lerster said. The ctfbot config will compile the id maps with the threewave ctf stuff. The launcher works great with joequake-gl. Im still trying it out. But i tried e1m1, e1m2, e1m3, e1m5 with all of the threewave add-ons. Brings back memories man.
      Last edited by sb306; 05-16-2010, 05:29 PM.
      If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

There was something called CTFbot+ at one time that came with its own compiler that let u set the flags in the map and the waypoints and let u reconfig it. )
        I have CTFbot+, luckily, because I think you can't find it anymore. I do have it for those interested or posting it to host somewhere.
        I know CTFbot+ has SUPPORT for id 3wave CTF ents and it has them in the map list, which I tried, but not ents. I guess I will look more in detail as to see if there are the ents + a compiler to put them in.

I tried looking a few times in the pass, with no luck. I was hoping someone did. I thought someone here might have them or know better.

Originally posted by sb306 View Post
        Ive never heard of threewave having support for the ID maps either. Although I do remember ctfbot. It was fun. I just didnt like being stuck only playing the threewave maps though.

Found a link to the ctfbot site. Hasnt been updated in awhile. But its still there. The last release had a launcher also. It has support for all the id maps. Its not threewave but its something.

Update! The ctfbot configuration tool is what you want. As lerster said. The ctfbot config will compile the id maps with the threewave ctf stuff. The launcher works great with joequake-gl. Im still trying it out. But i tried e1m1, e1m2, e1m3, e1m5 with all of the threewave add-ons. Brings back memories man.
        What is the link to the site?

And just FYI, CTF started out in Quake 1 with simply the id maps and the blue and yellow keys acting as flags. I distinctly remember playing it in that form before the official 3wave ents + maps were released.
        Although, it wasn't until 3wave CTF came out that I actually enjoyed CTF for Quake 1, the keys were just too boring.

But, as I guess you now see, they definitely had 3wave ents for id maps. I, to this day, clearly remember compiling in the ents to the original id maps, then playing them. Although, HOW to exactly compile them in and with what program, I don't remember.

I know the id maps were never very popular as CTF maps, but I always enjoyed playing them for something different.

UPDATE: I found the tool as well, and it makes it much more easy than the way I did it so long ago, nice little addition to the program. Yet another reason why CTFbot+ is such a great program if you are a CTF fan, especially now since it is so hard to get real human CTF games going...
        Last edited by Scribble[SFD]; 05-16-2010, 09:17 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by Scribble[SFD] View Post
          I have CTFbot+, luckily, because I think you can't find it anymore. I do have it for those interested or posting it to host somewhere.
          I know CTFbot+ has SUPPORT for id 3wave CTF ents and it has them in the map list, which I tried, but not ents. I guess I will look more in detail as to see if there are the ents + a compiler to put them in.

I tried looking a few times in the pass, with no luck. I was hoping someone did. I thought someone here might have them or know better.

What is the link to the site?

And just FYI, CTF started out in Quake 1 with simply the id maps and the blue and yellow keys acting as flags. I distinctly remember playing it in that form before the official 3wave ents + maps were released.
          Although, it wasn't until 3wave CTF came out that I actually enjoyed CTF for Quake 1, the keys were just too boring.

But, as I guess you now see, they definitely had 3wave ents for id maps. I, to this day, clearly remember compiling in the ents to the original id maps, then playing them. Although, HOW to exactly compile them in and with what program, I don't remember.

I know the id maps were never very popular as CTF maps, but I always enjoyed playing them for something different.

UPDATE: I found the tool as well, and it makes it much more easy than the way I did it so long ago, nice little addition to the program. Yet another reason why CTFbot+ is such a great program if you are a CTF fan, especially now since it is so hard to get real human CTF games going...
          Oops, I copied the link but I didnt paste it.

Yea, I always prefered playing ctf with just the key flags. That was just because it was easier and didnt require mods of any sort. Because of that I always prefered playing the original ID maps with ctf rather than the 3wave maps. This is part of the problem now especially. It seems like most of the servers running today require some sort of mod to download. It just throws me off a little I suppose.
          If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Man up, the only cool keys is keys of coc lol
            Rambo[RuM]
            I support:
            Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
            Qrack - Thank You r00k
            Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
            Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by Scribble[SFD] View Post
              id maps with 3wave CTF ents?

Is there a place to download the CTF versions of the id maps.
              If you download the 3wave 4.2 ftp://ftp.clan-rum.org/quake/mods/ctf/3wave42.zip
              In the /maps folder of that archive is the .ent files with all the entity definitions.

Creating a quake/ctf/ folder dump the contents there; so that now you have a /ctf/maps folder.

Copy the original ID maps to /ctf/maps/ folder then run the dobsp.bat file in the /ctf/maps folder with the .ent files.

You will need the bsp.exe file IDsoftware released with it q1 utils archive (somewhere)...

I tried looking through some old backups to find all this stuff.. though I did find my version of Capture the Scrag
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Actually you can use BJ's qbsp tool with -onlyents as parameter (edit the .bat if needed).

Comment

Code:
                  @echo off
                  echo This assumes that qbsp is in your path.
                  pause
                  for %%i in (*.ent) do qbsp -onlyents %%i
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                  X