No announcement yet.

intertex suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the way it "should" be, I don't know what the very first version of ctf had, but I started playing ctf in early 97, and plenty of servers had offhand hook. Mostly I played breese.ml.org in Wisconsin (I'm in MN). I only played servers with offhand hook, as I though imp 22 hook was akward.

The reason I have been trying to promote "ctf night" is to try to get more ctf games going. It seems only natural to me to try to make the appeal of this as broad as possible by playing pub ctf on id maps on a mod with a moderate learning curve.

I've been hoping that regular ctfers would be interested in promoting "ctf night" on a pub server. Not because they love pub ctf so much, but because without a pub server for newbs to learn the game and regulars to hang out when there's nothing else going on all there is, and will be, is sporadic crctf games.

But if ctf night is only gonna be the 8 or 10 "old skool" ctfers who still play then we needn't be promoting a pub server/setup. It's nice to have some decent games of ctf atleast, but I was hoping for something more. It wouldn't take many more players to have both a pub game going and a 3wave/crctf game going at the same time on different servers (http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496). All that would need to happen is for people to spend less time complaing about every little setup issue not being exactly what they like, or the most "leet", and spend some time telling old inactive players they know or have contact info for about ctf night. And making sure that when newbs or less experienced players connect they aren't being raped by a stacked team would be nice too.
    uakene.com

Comment

I think agree with all of that.

Comment

If the belly hook gets canned or changed I'll prolly stop CTF'ing.

which btw,great job on the server r00k. and THANKS AGAIN FOR FIXING THE HASTE RUNE.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mindz, i dont think ill kill the belly hook comlpetely
          the most reason you use the hook is that 1 button switches from current weapon -to- hook- autofires...

what most ctf purists DONT like, is that while hooking u can shoot
          i can limit that secondary aspect of the hook whilst conforming to the main function of +hook,
          "bind mouse2 +hook", 1 button hook
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I guess I can play without belly hook. I remember when I was on dial-up, playing ca.mtown.com. I always used the axe-hook and had no problems with it. I'll probably be able to get used to the axe-hook again, so demolish it rook.

Comment

Working...
            X