X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3wave Install Made EZ

To get 3wave going, just download these files

Part 1 (includes pak0.pak and pak1.pak, the original 3wave maps 10MB)

Part 2 (includes pak3.pak, Includes Gold, ThunderWalker, Xeno, Expansion, and Expert CTF maps.31MB)

Part 3 (includes locctf10 maps 4.1MB)

You can set 3wave up two ways, one is super easy:

Just take the pak files that you downloaded and throw them in your Quake\ID1 folder in numerical order with your existing pak files. So if you already have a pak0.pak and a pak1.pak, rename the files you're putting into ID1 to be pak2.pak and pak3.pak , so forth and so on.

Note: By doing it this way, your client won't connect to a cheatfree server using the qsecrity.dll (cheatfree patch). This is not used on any servers that are populated as of late, I use this method myself and never have an issue connecting to any servers as most servers run the anti wallhack servers)

Load up your client and connect to a 3wave server (yayowave.quakeone.com or zero.quakeone.com) and you're good to go.

The Other Way

...is to create a folder named "ctf" in your QUAKE folder.

put the paks that you download into this new ctf folder. make sure they go in numerical order (pak0.pak, pak1.pak, pak2.pak, etc). rename them to do so if they aren't. no necessary order except numerical.

right click your client that you use to play Quake, and click "create shortcut"

go to the client shortcut you created and right click -> properties

once that is opened, click "cmd line"

add -game ctf to the end of your exising command line (make sure there's a space between your client command line name and -game ctf)

Note: This would be the way to setup Quake in the case you are connecting to a qsecurity.dll (cheatfree patch) server in the case that one ever pops up using it again

Load up your client and connect to a 3wave server (yayowave.quakeone.com or zero.quakeone.com) and you're good to go.

You will know 3wave is installed if you see a red and blue flag in console!

Other Custom Maps Played On The Servers Not Included In Part 1, 2, or 3
    (stick these straight into your Quake\ID1\maps folder)

bastard.bsp

ctf8.bsp

ctf9.bsp

pigremix.bsp

twingods.bsp

OR you can skip these methods, R00k has created a 3wave EZ Installer which will install 3wave for you just by clicking! Download 3wave Ez Installer - however, this does not include custom maps, just the 3wave part 1 and 2 files, and the LOC map pak.
    Last edited by Frenzy; 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM.
    uakene.com

Ah, the title 3wave was a bit misleading as this isn't just ThreeWave CTF but ClanHDz/Rum specially-made conglomeration of different CTFs (Gold, ThunderWalker, Xeno, Expansion, Expert... and lastly League Of Capture )

Comment

its 3wave with all the other maps added. check out ctf.clanhdz.com Im down for some ctf tonight!
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Originally posted by andwan0 View Post
        Ah, the title 3wave was a bit misleading as this isn't just ThreeWave CTF but ClanHDz/Rum specially-made conglomeration of different CTFs (Gold, ThunderWalker, Xeno, Expansion, Expert... and lastly League Of Capture )
        newb alert
        Rambo[RuM]
        I support:
        Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
        Qrack - Thank You r00k
        Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
        Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by rambo View Post
          newb alert
          sorry guys, yes am a noob :S
          I just been having a hard time connecting to CTF servers. I've yet to connect to one. I think it's because am using ezQuake (QW) client, and your servers are netquake ones??

Comment

Originally posted by andwan0 View Post
            sorry guys, yes am a noob :S
            I just been having a hard time connecting to CTF servers. I've yet to connect to one. I think it's because am using ezQuake (QW) client, and your servers are netquake ones??

YES SIR! BINGO!
            The latest NQ clients most of us use for competitive gameplay are
            ProQuake
            Qrack
            DirectQ
            Darkplaces

FTEQuake can connect to both as far as I know
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

darkplaces can connect to both
              as well as zquake and fte
              i attempted to add protocol 15(nq) to ezquake one but gave up after the ezq team didnt care about it :/
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

but we care about you r00k
                Rambo[RuM]
                I support:
                Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                Qrack - Thank You r00k
                Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

This sticky post may need to be updated. Download Part 3 does not appear to be working, for me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X