Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were there maps made for the headhunters mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were there maps made for the headhunters mod?

I found the source (on this forum) for headhunters, one of my favorite mods back in the day, and compiled it. I had a small group of friends play the other night and we had a blast.

Were there specific maps made for headhunters? You know, ones that had centralized collection areas and the such?

I wanted to add my compiled version (no source change from what was found on this forum) to the website's mods, but when I go to add a file, there is only a link textbox, not a upload file like the forum has...

I think they're might have been. I may have a copy of the original mod somewhere, so I'll try and check that sometime. I never played those maps, though.

Headhunters was one of my favorite mods. I think Chuck combined it with Runes at one point, or rather recreated that special version. The best thing about the Headhunters version that I used to play is that there was an exploit that allowed you to *stay* as a head and grief the hell out of people. I learned that one from watching a player called 1207. It's kinda like how one of the best things about the Old School Junker server/mod was being able to set tripwires while you were dead. Another bug that became a feature.

Comment

Index of /pub/idgames2/planetquake/headhunters/client

The client pack includes these maps:

// HeadHunters
      // http://www.planetquake.com/headhunters/

hh1|Shadows Of Sin
      hh2|Spoon's Keep
      hh3|Spoon City
      hh4|The Defiled Chambers
      hh5|DcDm3
      hh6|DcDm5
      hh7|Punishment
      hh8|Armageddon 3
      hh9|The Elektra Complex
      hh10|The Epoch Turning
      hh11|Asylum of Remorse
      hh12|Walking The Dog

There's also a list of maps from other mods that Headhunters supports. It's a long list.

Comment

Awesome! I didn't know there was a planetquake mirror! I've been hunting (heh) around for HH for a long time, unable to really find the downloads.

Thanks so much!!

Comment

Working...
        X