Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite map ?

I would pick "Start" on quake.shmack.net
    I am a trap setter, what can i say lol...

Well I would have to say DM4, as overplayed as it may be. The layout is so great for runequake. I also really enjoy E4M5 - Hell's Atrium. Love it in single player as it is very moody, and it also really fun with 10+ players in runequake.

Comment

For a 1v1?

Comment

I enjoy dm6 as its relatively easy to play and a good size for small or larger number of players some other fun maps for ffa would be e1m1 and e1m2.. but im sure there are more
        The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

duel: aerowalk
          2v2: dm4
          4v4: e1m2
          FFA: spinev2
          CA: dm3

Comment

if we're talking original id maps...

DM6 with 2-6 players. non-stop mayhem.

for SP, i'd have to say E4M8 The Nameless City. Creepy as hell and hard to beat with lots of traps and baddies.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I don't tend to do much SP as I'm normally using what little spare time I have playing coop or MP so for me the favoured ones are probably the following (in no particular order) :
              Aerowalk
              Basewalk
              Cleaver
              Insomnia by CZG
              Toxic
              Spine (+v2)
              SPD
              Anything from SOC
              Anything from Xeno (from Italy)
              Anything from Stalky (from northern europe)
              Anything from =Peg= (usually to be found in the local cake shop)

There are so many good custom maps out there that are worthy of a mention we could probably do with either a map review / reference section or perhaps a link up with Spirit's Quaddicted Quake site. Fortunately most MP and coop maps are still available on the servers. If you have autodownloads configured to one of the map repos (e.g. bigfoot, damage or new york) you should be able to connect to a server like FFANY type say !maps -all in console and try out all that lovely mapping goodness.

Have fun

Monty
              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 08-01-2016, 04:22 AM.
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

My favorite maps:

1 DM4: Its very fun with 2 or 3 players but it can get uncontrolled with more than 4 players

2 DM6: Awesome map for 4 or 2 players 6 players is also ok, But its too easy to get telefragged sometimes

3 DM1: No Rocket Launcher no fun but it can be a nice 1 vs 1 map, The most controlled Death match map i think.

Comment

e4m6

i do not know

its awesome
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Dm2

dm2

dm2

dm2

dm2

dm2

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
                      Dm2

dm2

dm2

dm2

dm2

dm2
                      You forgot dm2

Comment

I'm with DeathMaster, DM2 is the map for me

Quite like DM1 as well. I agree with Massao on it feeling the most controlled map.

Comment

My opinion might receive some hatred, but:
                          I don't have a favourite map. I'll play on whichever map there is, because I suck at competitive multiplayer anyway.
                          So, I guess I could say that all of them are my favourites? I don't know.

Comment

got a lot of favourites.... but id have to go with 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' by Tronyn
                            or really any other map by Tronyn, all of his maps are absolutely amazing and memorable

although i also really love all of the maps from mapjam2
                            cuz of the ikblue/ikwhite theme, which i am a huuuuge fan of <3
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                            X