No announcement yet.

Guide to DM for new/non-DM'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow and here I thought Foq was the worst troll ever.

Successfull.... Troll was successfull.

Comment

If he's just a troll, then it's an even more pathetic waste of time. And in either case, should just stfu.

Comment

tip: play like K0ng and always win ALL THE FOKIN TIIIIIIIIIME
        DAVEMAN

Comment

Foq, if you think the community is so narrow minded, then don't be a part of it. DM3 just happens to be the best, most popular TDM map and always has been since the start of the game and we have fun playing it. Why you would even troll this thread and put your two cents in, is beyond me. When you post something about your FVF server, do us DM'ers post and troll on your threads? no... because we don't play FVF.

1. You don't DM.
          2. You are not an active part of the player community.
          3. You obviously don't like DM3.
          4. You're a troll that needs to stfu.

All you do is troll this community and post negative comments on good threads. There are new players coming in but how would you know that since you don't play.

Nice thread Retro, that strat guide of yours pretty much sums it up on how to rape!

p.s: Foq stfu

Comment

Umm, I actually meant Rampage, not Rcade.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post
              But if I don't feel like playing DM3, I just do something else besides quake. And that something else doesn't include crying on an internet forum (which is apparently your number one option).

TL;DR Foq just stfu
              Yeah, it's a shame that Quake = DM3, for the most part anyway. It doesn't seem that anyone in the whole quake community is willing to play other maps. When I do play, I try to play other maps... and everyone gets their panties in a bunch because it's not DM3.

Originally posted by badaim View Post
              Foq, if you think the community is so narrow minded, then don't be a part of it. DM3 just happens to be the best, most popular TDM map and always has been since the start of the game and we have fun playing it. Why you would even troll this thread and put your two cents in, is beyond me. When you post something about your FVF server, do us DM'ers post and troll on your threads? no... because we don't play FVF.

1. You don't DM.
              2. You are not an active part of the player community.
              3. You obviously don't like DM3.
              4. You're a troll that needs to stfu.

All you do is troll this community and post negative comments on good threads. There are new players coming in but how would you know that since you don't play.

Nice thread Retro, that strat guide of yours pretty much sums it up on how to rape!

p.s: Foq stfu
              1. Yes I do, rarely, when I can get some people willing to pry themselves away from DM3.

2. Active player community... well, yeah, I guess you got me there. No, I'm not very active. Most of my Quake time is spent on a few matches on newdm here and there. Too bad Monster's the only one that really plays it... what's the matter, not DM3?

3. True, to an extent. I do like DM3, to a point, but not when it's the only thing ever available. Do you like steak? Would you eat steak every day of your life, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and anything in-between if you could?

4. [truck image removed by Frenzy]
              Last edited by Frenzy; 07-13-2011, 04:56 AM.
              e|------------------------0---------------
              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
              A|---------------0------------------------
              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Rabbit garnered some interest in some of the other maps for team games: Edge, damaul, q3dm6, and a couple of others. I love DM3 as much as the next guy, but playing new maps every once in a while is fun too. Perhaps we could all get together one or two nights a week and vary it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor View Post
                  Umm, I actually meant Rampage, not Rcade.
                  My apologies.

I changed it, I was under the impression you wanted to credit the person who created this thread.

Comment

Here are my DM binds:

bind "F1" "say_team team quad. %t"
                    bind "F2" "say_team ENEMY QUAD!!! %t"
                    bind "F3" "say_team Get Quad!!!"
                    bind "F4" ""
                    bind "F5" ""

bind "F6" "say_team team pent. %t"
                    bind "F7" "say_team ENEMY PENT!!! %t"
                    bind "F8" "say_team Get Pent!!!"
                    bind "F9" ""
                    bind "F10" ""

bind "F11" "say_team Team Eyes."
                    bind "F12" "say_team Enemy Eyes!!!"

bind mouse3 "say_team pak at %l, who wants it???"
                    bind MOUSE4 "say_team %l [%aA %hH] %w"

When you bind an armor and health bind, Please put armor first and health second, just as it appears on your status bar. Why would you transpose those #'s when everyone is forced to see them in A H order anyway.

Secondly, Graf this goes for you...

A bunch of us in this thread are basically the teachers of the DM. We should lead by example.

If someone steals a powerup from you, or takes some ammo you needed or armor, don't fucken TK them. TK'ing is the lowest of the low. Lead by example. If you needed some ammo or armor, etc.. explain to the person their mistake so they can correct it in the future.

Also, a few of us here time powerups to the tenth of a second. We jump out of the window and land on pent as it spawns or jump across to grab quad perfectly. If you you want it then you better be on it when it spawns. Powerups are not worth the risk to leave idle for 1-2 seconds because enemy can come from any direction to steal it while you butt fuck each other trying to be polite.

In rape match scenarios there are basically three things you can do to change the balance.

1. Get RA and SNG mega + SNG and full ammo, time quad perfectly and rush it. You'll take 1-2 rocket blasts but should be able to get Q and get some rounds into them. In this situation there might be two of them on top of Q hurting each other in the chaos you have created so it will be easier to put them down. This strat requires a lot of patience hiding in SNG area waiting for the right moment.

2. Time pent perfectly. You can run from YA through window to fall on it while your teammates distract or from lifts. It helps if you have a teammate that can DC from water or at least jump down 2 seconds prior to draw fire away from you.

3. DC. When you're bobbing in the water you can usually keep all enemy away from RL area. This can allow your entire team to stack up on RL's however, if your teammate is bobbing in the water, don't fucken swim around like a tool bag while he's waiting to dc the enemy. Get out of line of sight so he can DC the enemy and not you. It boggles my mind how many people are oblivious to this strat. I can hold down the entire bridge side by simple fear of DC while my team swims around gathering up LG's, cells, and rockets, etc.. If you hide in RL box, or stairs wall while your teammate DC's the enemy, you can then run up and grab the enemies pack.

Comment

Rampage, I must be losing my mind. For some reason I thought it was you that created the thread. Haha. Just forget everything I post, I'm retarded at the moment.

Comment

just use %p for the powerup u have,

these newbs are bad because they dont really know how to strafe and aim either,

mouse control is pretty important, for xp users using a non poll rate mouse i used this old program usbmrs11 with my mx518, but now my logitech g 500 has polling rate built in, 500 hz should be good, i actually miss the old version of mx518 though

commands used in command line run: -noforcemspd or -noforcemparms or -dinput always should use -noforcemaccel

Comment

Sweet guide, Retro.

Those tips about how to handle the first few minutes of the match are really handy. I am a DM n00b and the beginning respawn times of the major weapons is something I'd never thought to keep track of but is just brilliant common sense.

Beers for you, sir.

Comment

Awesome post Retrocade. As an avid ctf'er, I have never really ever taken the time to completely learn DM, this obviously shows when I play with you all.

However, as I took the time to read your thread, it got me a bit excited, perhaps for newbies like opening a treasure chest of secrets from over 14 years of deathmatch. Contrary to what Foq believes, this isn't just a strategy map for how to play DM3, but rather, once a person DOES master the map that is played the most in the mod, the rest of the maps just fall into place with your skill level as long as you know where the weapons and powerups are.

We do the same thing in 3wave, we'll teach somebody on Elder for example. Once you learn all the hooks there, you can hook any map. Powerup respawns, when to get flags, etc etc.

What I'm saying is I love this shit. Thanks for taking time out and putting this up. You're a stud.
                            uakene.com

Comment

my tip: Spawn hack. PM me for details.

rcade: nice job.

I also have demos to show what to do. They were created by u4, dy, dr back in the day.

tv: please post DC guide. thx

Comment

Bruce, you still got t0iletduck's hook.dem? Oh, off topic.

Just post that collection. Sounds like a goldmine.

Btw, I've seen proof.

(bruce): I'm At spawning near RL packs

Comment

Working...
                                X