Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake 1 (QW) international clan arena tourney !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 1 (QW) international clan arena tourney !

Hey guys, my name is Claw originally from North American Quakeworld. Just recently I installed Netquake (qrack) and had the pleasure of playing a few games with quiet an enjoyable experience (After fixing packetloss) in a few servers that I actually ping 15-25 too. I wanted to let everyone know that I am the league administrator of an international tournament 3v3 called Fusion. This is season 3 and it just started recently. We have teams in North America, South America, Europe competing. Now I know they're is many of you that will ask why I came on here, and one reason only, is that this is Quake, and although it's not what you may be used to (Quakeworld) I think it would be great to have some of ya'll form a team and enter the tournament for fun. I am not here to lure you away from Netquake and make the hop to be a permanent QW player or argue the differences, I am just here to bridge the gap maybe in some way or another and invite you guys and have fun. If you guys want to huddle together and make a team, let me know and we can include you since its not too late right now. The great thing since this is QW you can play against other teams internationally and not worry about such things as ping and all that stuff since QW has prediction, antilag on servers..etc... it's not so bad actually. Also the mod that we are playing on clan arena is one called Pro-X, its a modified version of the original one that came out years ago that allows custom maps with sudden death and other tournament features that I asked for. You can find me on #qw.na (QW North America) and #qwca in Quakenet or also you can email me to [email protected] if you have any other questions. Or you can reply to this post also

The official page to the tournament is Fusion Premier League - League
    Attached Files

sounds like fun, However I am not home enough to join any type of league play. I drive OTR 'over the road' for a living. Good luck and I hope to see you around a bit more on NetQuake. If you would be so kind as to provide me with a list of all known QW servers that way when I am home I can check them out. Thank's

Comment

Also I may be able to host a QW server if I can get all the right files for setup.

My current servers as listed below are located in Atlanta, GA.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
        Also I may be able to host a QW server if I can get all the right files for setup.

My current servers as listed below are located in Atlanta, GA.
        You can get the quick nquake server installer.
        http://ilovetacos.info/quake/nquakes...staller.tar.gz

and it does everything for you. It will literally take you 2mins

Comment

check your PM's claw! good to see you made it to our corner of the WWW!
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Update on the tournament.

I was really looking forward to a NQ group of players forming a team and play in the tournament.... but alas did not happen.
            Anyhow so moving forward and I just wanted to update everyone.
            The tournament is slowly making progress since it takes alot of time to bug people to play, like in any other tournament. One of the teams from brazil beat the top ranked EQL team from Sweden Sudden Death, 3 series to 1 yesterday.
            For more info go to Fusion Premier League - League

Comment

Originally posted by qwclaw View Post
              I was really looking forward to a NQ group of players forming a team and play in the tournament.... but alas did not happen.
              Anyhow so moving forward and I just wanted to update everyone.
              The tournament is slowly making progress since it takes alot of time to bug people to play, like in any other tournament. One of the teams from brazil beat the top ranked EQL team from Sweden Sudden Death, 3 series to 1 yesterday.
              For more info go to Fusion Premier League - League
              I was hoping to get some guys to squad up but I found zero takers.

Team [NQ] , obv.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mindz you should know its hard enough to get a NQ game going let alone a NQ team to play QW. Also I was never asked to partake in any event other then what was posted here from Claw.

Comment

I read your post and surmised you was a no-go! You would have been my first go-to guy to ask. Just the prospect of a NQ team getting together was a bitchin prospect though. I didn't approach anyone directly at all, I just dropped a suggestion @ the active quakers on a server one night and no one even cared, the typical sentiment of a NQ player when mentioning QW.

It's ingrained into our psyche unfortunately, as I told claw it's unfathomable for a NQ player to show interest in anything QW, especially now days. We avoided QW from practically day one, I didn't see things change much through out the years and it pretty much sits the same as it has in the past, we basically had no interest in QW back in the day, not much has changed.

Comment

I don't know how to play video games and press buttons or something

TEAM USELESS UK PLAYERS UNITE

so 3v3 quake, right?

2 other bad players from the UK should come join me in this venture
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                      I don't know how to play video games and press buttons or something

so 3v3 quake, right?

You'd have a great chance, every UK/across the pond player I've had the privilege of playing with is ringer quality.
                      Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 12-09-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

well, I'm taking people for team TEA&CRUMPETS

and maybe I'll even learn to play in the process :p

"we need a server smack dab in the middle of the atlantic,on a bouy,tied into the E-highway lines "

you're thinking all the wrong way, you should think with slipgates and propane
                        twitch
                        wew lad

Comment

The tournament is 3v3... although it is better if you can get more players because typically when match day comes... when you need to gather 4 players, you only have 3.. when you need to get 3 players.. you only 2.... and so forth... I know this from running different tournaments
                          But yeah man lets do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                            Well I'm about as hopeless as they come so I'd play you in an FFA , just for laughs type game (as we used to do on Damage for a while ), but although I wish the QW tourneys every success it isnt for me.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            You'd have a great chance, every UK/across the pond player I've had the privilege of playing with is ringer quality.
                            Clearly Mindz hasn't played me very much I am the antithesis of "ringer quality" these days

Good luck with your tourney

Kind regards

Monty
                            Mr.Burns
                            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Your no slouch Monty!

Comment

Working...
                              X